Come Back

Deku POV

It's been a while since the breakup, or does it just feel like it? Kacchan hasn't been talking to me, and when he does it's either yelling or one word answers. I'd hate to say this, but I miss him and think I made a mistake. I'll talk to him about it during class, it's not like he could have found someone else so quickly, right? I mean that one night with Todoroki was all just a misunderstanding.

Once I got to the homeroom I saw Kacchan surrounded by his friend group, and I saw my group; well what was left of it. Todoroki dropped out of the group after that night. I slowly made my way over to Kacchan, "Kacchan..." he turned to look at me and I could tell that he wasn't all that pleased "What'd you want nerd?" His voice was cold and honestly scared me a bit.

"Can I, umm, can I talk to you o-outside?"

"Whatever" He got up and walked out of the classroom, I followed him out into the hall.

"What'd you have to say nerd?"

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions and I haven't liked being broken up. Do you think we could maybe start again?" I was looking down at my feet, nervous about his response, until he spoke "I don't love you Deku" I felt my heart shatter, but before I could say anything else he continued speaking, "And you don't love me. You admired me, there's a difference. Learn that before you date someone." He walked away and entered the classroom once more. I collapsed onto the floor crying. I thought that he loved me, I thought he was happy, and I thought we could try again. His words were carved into my skull, he doesn't love me. I didn't know what I was doing and I mistook admiration for love. He wasn't wrong. I hold my knees to my chest, did I ever love Kacchan, or did I just admire him? Now that I think and look back on everything, I admired him and wanted to become as powerful as he was. I'm sorry Kacchan, but I don't think I love you either.