Bruises

Bakugou POV

I haven't hear from him in days. Even when I tried texting or calling I never got a reply. I was truly starting to believe that this was the beginning of the end for us; that was until the old hag yelled up to me "Brat! Get your ass down here!" When I went downstairs I saw Shoto leaning on the couch, using it as a support beam. "What the fuck Icy-Hot?!" I said as I ran over to my slightly hunched over boyfriend who practically collapsed onto me by the time I had gotten close enough for him to do so. He had bruises on his arms and face, was this his father's doing? "Hag, get me a bag of ice" she walked into the kitchen and Sho spoke softly "Don't talk to your mom like that" even in his beaten up state he was still as sweet as ever. My mom handed me the ice "Where does it hurt?"

"Everywhere"

That answer broke my heart, but he said that most of the pain was in his chest. After removing his shirt, it became clear just how burglary he had been beaten. His chest was covered in black and blues, cuts, and scars. "This is going to hurt a little bit, but you'll feel better, ok?" I said as I laid him so that his back would be against my chest. He nodded and I gently placed the ice on one of the bigger bruises which caused him to suck in a sharp breath out of pain. I felt so bad that he was in pain.
"It's going to be ok, I promise"

"Do you want me to set up the guest room?" My mom asked

"No, he'll stay with me" she gave me the side eye. "Ok, one you already know I'm pan and two he's in an awful condition, I wouldn't take advantage of him" she nodded and I took Icy-Hot to my room.

I laid him down gently on my bed and sit next to him holding the ice pack on his bruise. "I'm glad you came to me, I'm glad you didn't take this on yourself." I spoke as I moved his hair out of his face. He looks exhausted, like he hasn't slept in days and he barely had enough energy to speak, let alone move. "Close your eyes and rest" he gave me a small nod in return and closed his duo colored eyes. I texted my mom to grab a few things from the story and she agreed. I didn't want to leave Sho's side, he was in so much pain and had a lot of damage done to him that I just wanted to protect him. After a couple of moments, I hear little snores from Half-N-Half and know that he's asleep, good, he needs it. The old hag had texted me letting me know that she had gotten what I asked for and I helped her bring it in.
"How's he holding up?"

"I'm not sure...he's resting. He looks exhausted and is more bruised than I thought" I said as I emptied the plastic shopping bags, there was a container of soba that I begun to cook.
"You like him don't you!" The hag said jumping around.

"Shut up!"

"Katsuki has a crush!"

"Shut up!" She's always like this. When the noodles are done I placed them in refrigerator and grab some first aid material before heading back to my room. Sho was still asleep, he was sleeping quite peacefully and looked adorable. I remove the melted bag of ice from his chest and began to wrap his arm with an ace bandage, unfortunately my attempt to not wake him up was a fail.
"K-Katsuki?"

"Yeah, it's me. I'm just wrapping up your bruises. Do you think you could sit up so that I can do your chest?"

"I'll try" he said as his weak body sat up. I wrapped his chest then put some bandage on his legs since there wasn't nearly and many there. He cuddles up to me and grabs onto my shirt "I missed you" he said. I put my arm around him and pull him closer to my chest, "I missed you too" I reply and gave him a kiss on the head. I love him, I hate seeing him like this, and I'm not letting him go back. When I look down Shoto is sleeping again, but this time he had a smile on his face and he was still cuddled up to me. I smile and let myself fall asleep. I promise that I will protect him at all cost.

————————————————————————

Holy crap...2K reads?!

Thank you everyone!

~B🐝