VIII- Nilan- Sisters? Friends? IRDK..

I was really angry and terrified when Shakuni had caught Isha. Maybe we became friends on this ridiculous quest. 

At least I hope we had, since I now regarded the girls as my sisters. And like any overprotective big brother, I would make sure that they would always be alright. I knew that one false move, and Shakuni would end Isha's life. Aranya and Karnya looked stricken.

Aranya's voice came, trembling, through the mind link. But. I felt that her thoughts were getting divided, going to two other places. I realised that she was using her link with Isha and Karnya simultaneously. 

"OKAY. IF WE TIME IT CORRECTLY, WE CAN FREE ISHA AND CAPTURE SHAKUNI." she said. "WHEN I SAY, 'NOW' WE CAN CAPTURE HIM AND SAVE ISHA!" "WHAT SHOULD I DO?" Karnya asked. "YOU MAKE SURE THAT WHEN WE CAPTURE SHAKUNI, YOU PULL ISHA TO SAFETY." 

Aranya said. Karnya said, "OKAY." "GOOD" Aranya said. Shakuni was gloating about how smart he was and how strong he was, etc. "Yeah right," I thought, "Smart and strong because he captured a child." 

I almost rolled my eyes, but stopped short when Arnaya glared at me and yelled through the mind link, "DON'T DO ANYTHING! WE DON'T WANT HIM TO GET SUSPICIOUS!" "EVEN EYE ROLLING?! WHY ARE YOU SO PARANOID!" I demanded. "BECAUSE OUR FRIEND'S LIFE IS AT STAKE, IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW!" Then, she stopped talking. I didn't say a word through the mind link. "LOOK .. I'M SORRY...." she said. "IT'S FINE. WE'LL TALK ABOUT THIS LATER." I snapped through the mind link. 

I stealthily brought out the piece of rope from my pocket. Ananya kept her stick ready, though I didn't know how that would help. Aranya yelled, "Now!" Shakuni looked surprised. It was good since we needed the element of surprise. I lassoed my rope towards him and it extended and started to glow. 

I wrapped it around my fist and realized that it was shaped like a noose. In fact, it was a noose. I didn't have time to examine it, but as soon as it touched Shakuni, his skin smoked. He screamed. Aranya tossed her stick in the air and this time it turned into a long wooden rod. 

She pointed it at Shakuni and a wisp of white light, stronger than when we had fought Sunda and Upasunda. It must have taken a lot of her energy and concentration, but I couldn't help her since my own concentration was going because of the rope and I was still a bit tired from the moving illusion. He grinned evilly at me. 

I was unsure why he was grinning since there was nothing funny about being tied up. Finally, Aranya's concentration broke and Shakuni said, "Goodbye." and disappeared in a pool of darkness taking Aranya with him.