XV- Aranya- The Battle

"Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh......" 

"Wake up! Don't you have to go?"

"Oh, yeah."

I got up, and told my cousin, "We're leaving after breakfast."

"Thank god. If there's one thing we agree on-"

"There isn't." I interrupted.

"-It's that you shouldn't do anything on an empty stomach."

"Yeah...."

I bathed, and then I went downstairs, to find my uncle and aunt eating breakfast. I was relieved by their indifference, which meant my magic was working.

My friends came down too, and by the time we finished eating, my uncle and aunt had left for work.

After breakfast, while we were getting ready to leave, something amazing happened. I checked whether my staff and knife were still in working order. Then, my cousins actually hugged me.

Blech. "Ow. You're breaking my ribs...."  I muttered.

"Don't die." Sid muttered.

"Don't sound so hopeful." I joked, "You aren't getting rid of me that easily. Oh, and if I die,"

(When I said that, it looked like that the waterworks would start again.)

"you two are not inheriting my bookcase."

We went outside and summoned our vahanas. My cousins bade my a tearful goodbye (I still don't know what was wrong with them that day..... Because they definitely do not love me).

Finally, our vahanas dropped us off at hotel.

"I'm guessing this is the lair?" said Nilan, Stater of the obvious.

"What do we do? We can't just run in there and start brandishing our swords..."

"We scout. The bushes there are a convenient place to hide."  I said, firmly.

We hid behind the bushes, and were looking into the huge floor-to-ceiling windows.

A handsome man, with dark skin, and midnight eyes (who could definitely not be Durgamasura) was talking to someone who looked like an attendant.

I zeroed in on their conversation, and heard the words, "They're outside." and "Get rid of them."

Too late, I realized what was happening.

"Well. Lookee here, what do we have."