XIX- Aranya- Again? Dude, I need a break.

Karna gave me the heebie-jeebies. 

I was seriously deliberating whether to go or not.

If I went, he would kill me. 

If I didn't go, the Pandavas would get suspicious, but then he would kill me.

Neither of the options were looking too bright.

I went.

Karna and I walked around, till we reached a bridge, and under us, was flowing a wild river, which I took to be the River Ganges. 

"You've been causing too much trouble." Karna said.

Uh-oh.

He took out a syringe and stabbed me with it.

I was pushed into the river. 

Aaand I was sinking beneath that all-to-familiar murky lake.

I didn't stay there for long. I woke up, and coughed the water out of my lungs.

A lady wearing a sari made of alligator scales and some shimmering blue stuff, was looking at me, worriedly.

And she was sitting atop a real  live alligator. I scrambled away from her. She was the Goddess Ganga, of the river Ganges.

"Thank you for saving me. You saw what he did. Please come as a witness." I begged.

She shook her head sadly, and said, "I cannot. I can't wander far from my source of power, otherwise I'll weaken. If I go too far, I'll die. But you know what to do, Aranya."

"I-I do?"

"Yes. Now hurry up. I want you to see the look on Karna's face when he finds out you're alive. Also, you never met me."

"Met who?"

"Good girl." she said, sinking slowly into the water.

I strode into the throne room, right in the middle of Karna's explanation of how he lost me. 

I grinned at the Pandavas, and jumped into my chair. 

I then closed my eyes, and the truth came out.