XIII-Nilan- Who's the unlucky girl?

I woke up pretty early in the morning, to find Aranya missing. Knowing her, she probably had gone exploring. I found her wandering around and climbing trees.

I got an idea. I conjured up an illusion of whatever that scared her the most. To my surprise, it was a Golden Retriever. 

As soon as she saw the Goldie, she screamed, and formed a protective bubble around her. The dog crashed into the bubble, and the illusion disappeared.

She crossed her arms in a petulant way, and said, "I know you're here."

"Don't kill me! Also, dogs? You fight monsters and are scared of dogs?" 

"I've had traumatic experiences."

"But with Golden Retrievers?"

She nodded, and said, "My friend's dog once jumped on me. Dog slobber all over me. It was awful."

"It's a disgrace. I love dogs."

"You're scared of something lamer."

I raised my eyebrow, and said, "Like?"

"You're scared of bugs."

"How did you know?"

"Special powers... Wait."

She walked behind me, and picked up a necklace.

It's pendant was in the shape of a swan. 

"The vahana of Saraswati." I muttered.

Aranya turned around, and said, "You read my blog?"

"Er.. How'd you come to that conclusion?"

"There's not a chance you'll pick up any mythology books."

"True that."

She looked flattered that I read her blog.

My face was probably starting to look like a tomato. Aranya spared me the embarrassment by not pointing that out. 

She looked around, and said, "The other vahanas probably are on the island itself."

She squeezed her eyes shut, and snapped them open again.

"North. We need to go north."

We went on a scavenger hunt, and found a ring with a water buffalo carved on it.

I wore it, and Aranya smirked. "Who's the unlucky girl?" 

"Very funny." I snapped.

"Let's go back to the campsite. It'll probably be easy to find Isha's and Karnya's vahanas with them." Aranya said, thoughtfully.

"I bet you 10 bucks that they won't wake up in 30 minutes."

"Challenge accepted."