𝖎. calm before the storm

chapter one

chapter one.
( calm before the storm )

              ASCELLA BLACK SIGHED AS SHE MADE HER WAY THROUGH THE wild forest behind the Laurent Manor

              ASCELLA BLACK SIGHED AS SHE MADE HER WAY THROUGH THE wild forest behind the Laurent Manor. Seraphina, Ascella's darling mother, had suggested that it would good for Ascella to go on a walk to clear her mind.

              Ascella disagreed at first, rambling for a good fifteen minutes about she was fine and she didn't need to clear her mind, but Seraphina had put her foot down and insisted that Ascella go on a walk. Ascella, who couldn't say no to her mum, had slipped on her boots, waved bye to her mum, and left the manor. Seraphina watched her daughter leave with a smug yet sad smile, the resemblance between Ascella and her late father all too similar.

              A groan slipped from her lips as her ankle buckled, and she almost fell to the muddy ground. Ascella cursed her clumsiness, clearly she didn't inherit the elegant and sophisticated look that the Black family seemed to have. Ascella revelled in the dewy air that clung to her flawless skin, and the sound of twigs snapping under her feet.

              She entered a clearing, fallen tree trunks scattered around and vines of sage leaves hanging just above her head. She sat on one of the lone logs, careful to avoid the stray wood that hung off it. Ascella reached inside her leather jacket pocket, picking out a pack of cigarettes, and a crumpled piece of parchment.

              As much as she complained about it, Ascella found that she quite enjoyed the peace and serenity that comes with the large forest. Out here, Ascella Black was nobody. She was just Ascella. And Ascella liked being just Ascella. She tucked her orchid-coloured hair behind her pierced ears, placing a cigarette in between her pink lips, lighting it with a Muggle lighter.

              Ascella Lyra Black, born to Death Eater, Regulus Arcturus Black and French sweetheart, Seraphina Antoinette Laurent. Regulus and Seraphina were two teens, hopelessly in love, doomed for disaster. Ascella, a teenage pregnancy, born in a dingy flat in South London, unaware that twenty-two days later, her father would be dead. Seraphina had never told anyone of her daughter's birth, except from her brother, Pierre Laurent.