𝖎𝖎𝖎. face your fears

chapter three

chapter three.
( face your fears )

              ASCELLA BLACK RUBBED HER EYES TIREDLY AS POOLS OF SUNLIGHT FLUTTERED THROUGH THE CRIMSON CURTAINS

              ASCELLA BLACK RUBBED HER EYES TIREDLY AS POOLS OF SUNLIGHT FLUTTERED THROUGH THE CRIMSON CURTAINS. She ran a hand through her obsidian locks, slightly untangling the knots that had formed over night. The morning breeze of September was warm on Ascella's ivory skin, and she could faintly see the yellow sun emerging over the large mountains.

              The door creaked open slightly, and Hermione Granger, Ascella's best friend, tentatively walked in, her footsteps soft. Ascella's lips parted at how well organised Hermione was, it was hardly seven a.m and Hermione was already dressed.

              "Morning Ascella," Hermione whispered, sitting on the edge of Ascella's bed. "How'd you sleep?"

              "Alright," Ascella shrugged, her voice raspy from sleep. In all honesty, Ascella hadn't had a good sleep. She'd tossed and turned all night, her thoughts whirring constantly in her mind, until she'd had enough and made her way down to the fireplace-lit Common Room, a cup of scorching tea and book in hand to occupy herself. She had only slipped back into bed an hour earlier, to make it seem convincing that she'd been asleep the entirety of the night.

              "Well, lessons begin soon, so you might want to hurry up," Hermione advised, tearing the covers off Ascella's body and exposing her bare legs. Ascella groaned, but complied regardless.

              Merely forty minutes later, Ascella bounded down the stairs of the girls dormitories, her maroon and gold tie hanging loosely around her neck, her white shirt crinkled, her robes stuffed into her bag, and her grey, pleated skirt rolled up a few inches. The laces of her black converse were tied into small bows (courtesy of Hermione), and her purple and pink streaked hair was braided into to two french braids on the side of her head.