𝖑𝖎𝖛. i've got a war in my mind

chapter fifty-four

chapter fifty-four.
( i've got a war in my mind )
cw: mentions of low moods.

              SATURDAY HAD ROLLED AROUND QUICKER THAN Ascella would've liked, really

SATURDAY HAD ROLLED AROUND QUICKER THAN Ascella would've liked, really. She woke with sunlight pouring through the window, and she only had a little under two hours before her session with Felicity Rhodes, the Healer she had seen since she was a mere eleven-year-old. It wasn't that Felicity was rude, or difficult to talk to, it was simply that Ascella did want to talk about how she felt, much to her mother's dismay.

The issue was, Ascella was a perfect liar. She'd gained the ability when she was a child, her twists of the truth almost so perfect that Seraphina had even doubted herself when she knew it was Ascella, purely because it couldn't have been anyone else that could've done something bad. Her innocent eyes, deep frown and knitted brows was a flawless way to get the attention off of her. Ascella was a terrific liar, so it had been perturbing to her when Seraphina had insisted she'd see a Mind Healer again.

In her mind, she had made it so she was fine after his death. Forged lies stung her lips when she spoke, laughing brightly and smiling broadly that it would distract those from her inner turmoil. She painted a vivid picture to conceal the dark one inside.

She didn't want those closest to her to witness the dread she felt when she woke up in the mornings, forced with the upcoming day. She placed Silencing charms around the shower so Hermione or any other of her dorm-mates would overhear the choked sobs that escaped her lips when alone. She refused to disclose how bare she felt without the concealments of her metamorphmagus abilities, exposing her true self to the world.

Yet, Seraphina had spent years with someone just like Ascella Black. Her father was a brilliant liar, quick-witted and sly, clearly their daughter inheriting the same traits. Seraphina had learnt to decipher when Regulus lying through small quirks — insignificant, really, but there nonetheless, therefore giving her an insight as to how to understand how many lies Regulus told, and when he was being untruthful.