𝖑𝖝𝖎𝖎. my calamitous love and insurmountable grief

chapter sixty-two

chapter sixty-two.
( my calamitous love and insurmountable grief )

              THERE WAS NO MENTION OF SILAS NOTT once Ascella and Harry had returned from the beach, freezing cold and shivering with flecks of snow cast through their hair

THERE WAS NO MENTION OF SILAS NOTT once Ascella and Harry had returned from the beach, freezing cold and shivering with flecks of snow cast through their hair. A faint colour had returned to Theo's cheeks and Seraphina had done a good job of clearing the blood and healing the wounds on his face that semi-sparked the life back into him.

However, a vacant expression still remained in his tragic eyes, and Ascella noticed it the moment she stepped back into the room. She crouched down low, meeting Theo's gaze head on, and her hand crept behind his ear and into his hair, soothing and gentle. "Theo?" She asked, a voice nothing but a mere whisper. "Theo . . . it's okay. You're okay. He's gone now. You don't need to worry."

A flicker of emotion in his face. A tremble of his lips. And before Ascella knew it — Theo had fallen to pieces in front of her very eyes.

His head on her shoulder, sobs wracked his chest and tears dripped from the crevices of his eyes and onto her shoulder, slipping across her skin. Ascella's arms found themselves winding around Theo's neck, her grip tightening almost insanely so, simply wanting to hold him for as long as his pain was soothed. Seventeen years worth of agony — inflicted by the man they had just murdered.

"I'm sorry," he cried, the most vulnerable sight of his brazenly shown to them all. "I'm so sorry. Please — please forgive me."

"It's okay," Ascella quietly consoled for his ears only, certain her heart was shattering in that very moment. "Theo — it's okay. I —"

Ascella almost flinched at the figure that dropped to her side, but Seraphina paid her no mind, capturing Theo's attention with her tender hands and saccharine voice. "Theo, you don't have to apologise," The Nott's head lifted, and his eyes were red-rimmed with crimson spiderwebs spiralling in his eyes. "You're in shock and it's okay, but do not apologise for his actions. Here, drink this."