𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎. a lonely girl in a lonely world

chapter thirty-two

chapter thirty-two.
( a lonely girl in a lonely world )

              THE NEXT DAY, ASCELLA WOKE WITH A SENSE OF DREAD SPREADING THROUGHOUT HER

THE NEXT DAY, ASCELLA WOKE WITH A SENSE OF DREAD SPREADING THROUGHOUT HER. It was odd, as she always enjoyed going back to school for a new year, to see all her friends, yet this year was different for the young witch. As she wiped the remnants of sleep from her face, the idea of slipping back into bed and hiding beneath the silk covers was all too enticing for Ascella. However, she knew that Hermione would personally pull her from bed if she didn't get up in time for her lessons.

As she headed down to breakfast that morning, she smiled lightly at Harry, Hermione and Ron as a series of mutters erupted around her and Harry. She rolled her eyes at the stupidity of some, and spooned her cereal furiously.

"I dunno how I'm supposed to put up with this for the entire year," she scowled, and Harry made a face in agreement.

"Let's hope it dies down soon," Harry said, trying to sound more optimistic.

"Unlikely," muttered Ascella bitterly.

The sound of fluttering above alerted them of the presence of the morning owls, and Apollo, Ascella's owl, flew down to her, dropping a letter in front of her. She expected it to be from her mother, but when the swirling writing of someone else's stood out to her, she frowned in confusion, tearing open the letter eagerly.

Dear Ascella,

Apologies to bother you on your first day of your fifth year. However, I'd appreciate it if you came to Morlasium later this day. I'd like to begin our sessions as soon as we can, considering the current climate of the Wizarding World, as I believe it's vital that we start your training. Head to your Headmaster's office at 6pm this evening, and I will be awaiting you on the other side of the fireplace.