𝖛𝖎. 'tis the season

chapter six

chapter six.
( 'tis the season )

FURY. The only emotion Ascella could feel at that moment, it sizzled and crackled through her veins, a flush of vexation evident on her prominent cheek bones. She wanted to leave, to run away as far as she could, away from Harry, Hogwarts; she craved to bask in the warmth that came with the Laurent Manor.

Ascella Black was many things, but she certainly wasn't ignorant. If she had been in Harry's shoes, she would have been furious that her last living relative betrayed her parents to Voldemort, leaving her parentless. But Ascella would never want to blame Harry for something that was entirely out of his hands, and when Harry had spat the words "Death Eater", he had slowly begun to shatter Ascella's already-broken soul.

Because what Harry Potter and Ascella Black weren't aware of, was how Regulus Black had sacrificed his life the night of November 22nd, how he had willing left the two people he loved most in the universe, attempting to save the fate of the Wizarding World, inevitably taking his own life with him. Regulus Black was a fallen soldier, one that many had come to know as a coward. And Regulus was far from a coward.

And, as much as she loathed to admit it, Ascella Lyra Black was very much like her wretched family. Striking grey eyes, aristocratic features, and curls of raven hair, Ascella was just like every other member that proudly (or, in some cases, unproudly) that held the Black family surname. Bellatrix Black, Narcissa Black, Andromeda Black, Sirius Black, Regulus Black; it didn't matter, each one of them had been poisoned with the curse of Black, venom dripping amongst their crimson blood, tainted with darkness. Before long, it would be Ascella's turn, and the population of the Wizarding World were itching to know the outcome of Ascella.

Ascella was grateful that the Hogwarts Express was departing from Hogsmeade the next morning, as the young Black couldn't bare to look at Harry, to be reminded of what he had said to her in a fit of rage. As Ascella roamed the isolated Hogwarts halls, having returned on her lonesome, she found that she couldn't face the Gryffindor Common Room, so she swiftly turned on her heels and headed the opposite direction.