𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛. she awaits, seething, blooming

chapter thirty-five

chapter thirty-five.
( she awaits, seething, blooming )

              HERMIONE HADN'T SAID ANYTHING, BUT ASCELLA KNEW THAT the idea of her and Harry teaching them Defense Against the Dark Arts had been playing on her mind

HERMIONE HADN'T SAID ANYTHING, BUT ASCELLA KNEW THAT the idea of her and Harry teaching them Defense Against the Dark Arts had been playing on her mind. Ascella had caught her over the past two weeks glancing at her uncertainly, wondering whether to bring it up again. Ascella had no issue with the idea of it — in fact, she was down to do it. She was tired of sitting in a tedious lesson with Umbridge, and wanted to get a proper education, especially in the climate that was rising so rapidly in the Wizarding world.

"I was wondering," Hermione said suddenly, after two weeks pondering over the idea, "whether you'd thought any more about Defense Against the Dark Arts, Harry. And, you too, Ascella."

"'Course I have," said Harry grumpily. "Can't forget it, can we, with that hag teaching us —"

"I meant the idea Ron and I had" — Ron cast her an alarmed, threatening kind of look; she frowned at him — "oh, all right, the idea I had, then — about you teaching us."

Harry did not answer at once. He pretended to be perusing a page of Asiatic Anti-Venoms, because he did not want to say what was in his mind. Ascella cast a glance at him; he was trying very hard to ignore her piercing gaze.

"Well," he said slowly, when he could not pretend to find Asiatic anti-venoms interesting much longer, "yeah, I — I've thought about it a bit."

"And?" said Hermione eagerly.

"I dunno," said Harry, playing for time. He looked up at Ron.

"I thought it was a good idea from the start," said Ron, who seemed keener to join in this conversation now that he was sure that Harry was not going to start shouting again.