𝖑𝖎𝖎. i miss who i used to be

chapter fifty-two

chapter fifty-two.
( i miss who i used to be )

              AS THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS PULLED INTO HOGSMEADE station, Ascella noticed that Harry didn't return from wherever he had ran off to after Slughorn's lunch

AS THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS PULLED INTO HOGSMEADE station, Ascella noticed that Harry didn't return from wherever he had ran off to after Slughorn's lunch. A shock of concern went through her at the thought of something awful happening, but convinced herself that Harry was capable of looking after himself and didn't need her aid in whatever it was he had got himself into.

As Hermione, Ron, Neville and Luna stepped off the train, and Ascella stayed put, she urged them on with a nod, "I'll wait for Harry. Knowing him he'll need it."

Hermione arched a curious brow, "You sure? I'm sure he'll be able to find his own way out —"

"It's fine — I can wait," Ascella shook her head fervently. "Go, before you miss the carriages."

Hermione still appeared uncertain, but gave in when Ron spoke, "See you at the Feast, yeah?"

Ascella nodded, and watched as the four of them disappeared down the platform, before turning back onto the train, and beginning to meander through it. When she felt that she had no luck in finding Harry, panic surged through her, especially considering the train wasted no time in heading back for London. As she slid open the next carriage door open, she blinked when she came face to face with her cousin, Nymphadora Tonks.

Tonks' mousy brown hair hung in weak tendrils beside her head, and her skin was porcelain-like, pale and lacked colour. Pity enveloped her, and Ascella figured Tonks felt just as bad as she did.

"Tonks — hey!" she exclaimed, a small smile settling on her lips. "I didn't know you were on patrol."

"Yeah, it was pretty last minute," Tonks explained, shrugging. "I'm guessing you're looking for Harry?"