𝖑𝖝𝖎. snow on the beach

chapter sixty-one

chapter sixty-one.
( snow on the beach )
cw: murder, violence ( child ) and sexual themes! please read with caution!

              EVENTUALLY, EVERYONE TURNED IN FOR the night Ascella was quick to go, kissing Theo goodnight and resting in her own bed, the silence defining yet needed at the same time

EVENTUALLY, EVERYONE TURNED IN FOR the night Ascella was quick to go, kissing Theo goodnight and resting in her own bed, the silence defining yet needed at the same time. She tried to not think of Remus' words. She knew he didn't mean it in a way to hurt her — it was an in the moment sort of thing, a heated argument that was bound to upset, but it got to her regardless. Because her father was not an angel or a perfect person, yet everyone had fought painfully hard to make sure that her depiction of him was not shattered. It was one of the handful of times that someone had, and Ascella hated it. She wanted Remus to hurt for what he had said, her rage getting the better of her. Regardless of the knowledge that Remus never wanted to cause her harm, in that moment — she hated him for what he had said.

But hate didn't get her anywhere. So, she moved on. Sleep found her, although her mind plagued her with nightmares equally. Tossing and turning in the pit of her unconsciousness, Ascella was tortured with images of Bellatrix and Caelum, Bellatrix murdering her son, then the form of the Lestrange witch morphing into her father and his wand aimed at her. She was stood where Caelum was and Regulus was snarling the Killing Curse at her like she was the enemy, eviscerating from the face of the earth.

When she woke there was a dampness across her hairline and her chest heaved and the remnants of terror lingered. She fought hard not to dwell on it, creeping downstairs and joining the festivities, opening the gifts Seraphina had given her, along with the Weasleys and Sirius. Theo's gift to her was dainty, silver chain that the Scorpio sign hung from, wrapping around her wrist carefully. She handed her's out to everyone and hoped she had done a sufficient job, always particularly anxious when gift-giving. It appeared, though, that everyone was overjoyed with them.

The majority were sporting new jumpers from Mrs. Weasley when they sat down for Christmas dinner in the grand dining room — even Theo, who looked on the brink of tears when Mrs. Weasley had handed him one with a welcoming smile. Sirius, though, had kindly declined, stating that it 'didn't fit well underneath his leather jacket.' Ascella had rolled her eyes and called him a pretentious twat.