Chapter 1: Prologue

Beginnings of a Prince
Ada- father/daddy
Nana- mother/momma
Pen tithen- little one
Melethril/Melethron- lover

Thranduil was standing at his balcony admiring the beauty of his realm of Mirkwood in spring. He did this often, knowing it's beauty would soon be tainted by an ever growing darkness coming, spelling out the last age of the elves. All knew the rise of the Dark Lord Sauron was coming, it was grimly inevitable.

Though Thranduil, despite the incoming desolation, did consider himself very lucky for he had much light left in his world still. He had a kingdom that loved and respected him, vast amounts of treasure, and most importantly his beautiful elven queen and wife Lorraine.

The Queen Lorraine was considered one of the most beautiful elves in all of middle earth. Many had compared her beauty to that of the star Eärendil for it shined with stunning beauty but in pure modesty as well. However Lorraine was more than just beautiful, her wisdom and combatical skill was of great renown as well. She was a skilled archer and swords woman with strategic skills worthy of the highest ranking military official.

All of this and so much more added to Thranduil's love for her, treasuring her dearly. Lorraine reflected this same love for her beloved husband feeling like the luckiest elleth in all of Middle Earth. It was this deep love and bond the two elves had that made their kingdom, even in the darkening times, a happy and prosperous place. The kingdom loved their queen and king in the highest and most respectful way devoting absolute loyalty to them. However even with all the wonderful and gracious things their royals had done for them there was one thing they desired more than anything, an heir.

The Queen and King were still quite young but so far the Valar has not blessed them with an heir. Oh how the couple wanted their own sweet little elfling to love and cherish as they did each other. But time was on their side and as a wise man had once said, be careful what you wish for.

As all this passed through Thranduil's thoughts he suddenly heard the footsteps of his beloved Lorraine coming towards him. He happily turned around and kissed her sweet red lips. Grateful to be married to someone as independent, adventures, kind, graceful, and loving as her.

As their kiss ended Thranduil could sense his wife was quite anxious. She couldn't quite seem to look him in the eye and he could tell by her facial expression, Lorraine was holding something back.

"What is it Melethril? What did the healers say?" Thranduil asked as he looked her in the eye worriedly.

Thranduil was quite nervous as his dear Lorraine had not been feeling well for the last week. She had been nauseous, having strange cravings, and had seemed to be often short of breath.

"Well Melethron it's rather difficult to say, it might come as a bit of a shock." Lorraine said rather nervously as she twirled a strand of her long golden hair.

"Whatever it is you can tell me Melethril." Thranduil assured as calmly as possible, his heart pounding loudly inside his chest.

"Well I went to the healers and found out.... I'm Pregnant!" Lorraine squealed, bursting with excitement.

Thranduil then stood frozen for a moment as the heavy message sunk in.

"You are why... that's wonderful!" Thranduil yelled joyfully as he then spun his wife around out of sheer joy.

The two then passionately kissed both thanking the Valar for the beautiful blessing they had at last revived.

"How long did the healers say have you been pregnant for Melethril?" Thranduil asked excitedly with a huge smile on the usually composed face.

"The healer said only about a week now." Lorraine chuckled amused by her clearly excited husband's joy.

"Well none the less we shall celebrate tonight, and announce to all of Mirkwood that an heir has finally been conceived!"

"I would expect nothing less from you Melethron." Lorraine laughed as she then linked arms with her husband and leaned on his shoulder.

Both of them looked to their vast and beautiful lands excited to someday see a young and beautiful little elfling roam and explore them.