Chapter 10: Restless

While the events of that day had given Thranduil more stress than he could imagine he still enjoyed being with his son. Especially when Legolas would continuously say ada knowing it would make his wife quite jealous.

It then came time for dinner and to refrain from anymore trouble or big messes he decided to feed Legolas by bottle. The elfling greedily suck at the bottle till it was all gone and best of all no mess or flying food in sight. Thranduil then took the elfling upstairs to his bedroom to be bathed which resulted in several face fulls of water and plenty soap everywhere. After he eventually got him cleaned up Thranduil got him dressed. He told the elfling stories till he fell asleep and then put him in his crib. He looked at his elfling one last time and kissed him on the forehead and then slowly closed the door of his nursery.

About an hour passed and Thranduil was ready for bed, just as he got into his sheets and laid his head down he felt rather lonely without his wife there next to him. He tried to fall asleep but simply could not do it. It was then the wailing of a small elfling reached his ears, he then immediately got up and ran towards his sons nursery.

He bursted through the door and ran over to his wailing son to see what was the matter. He saw Legolas twisting and turning as his face scrunched up and turned red. Thranduil knew exactly what was wrong, Legolas was having a nightmare. He gently picked up the wailing elfling and started to try to comfort his son. He first wrapped the small babe in a blanket and started to sing an old elvish lullaby to him. Legolas slowly started to calm down and fall back asleep in his ada's strong and safe arms. After Legolas fell all the way back as asleep Thranduil started to put him back in his crib only to cause the little leaf to whine and shake once more. Thranduil drew him close once more and then knew exactly how to solve both of their problems.

Thranduil carried Legolas to his bedroom and set him on the bed causing him to whine once more. Thranduil quickly got into the covers and stroked the little elflings beautiful pale face and hair. Legolas immediately calmed down and then proceeded to instinctively grab a strand of Thranduil's long blond hair. Thranduil winced a bit but didn't mind it being happy he was no longer alone in bed. He then laid his head down on his pillow and drew the little bundle closer to him. He brought the little elfling to his chest basking in the little babes warmth and innocence. If there was one thing he truly loved as equally as his wife it was Legolas. Who brought him so much pride and happiness not knowing what he would do without the little one close by. He then started to drift off into a beautiful deep sleep with Legolas close to his chest in a grip so tight that not even Sauron himself could tear the two apart.