Chapter 2: Birth

Nine months later

Winter

Lorraine stood outside on her snow covered balcony and watched the beautiful orange setting sun. As she did so Lorraine then put her hand endearingly on her now heavily pregnant stomach. Her thoughts wandered to that of her future child, wondering what they would be like and who they would look more like. As she was lost in thought the king came behind her and wrapped his arms around his beautifully pregnant wife.

"What are you doing out here my love you might catch cold." Thranduil said with a loving concern in his voice.

"Thranduil you know elves our age do not feel cold there's no need to worry." Lorraine chuckled at her over protective husband's endearing worries.

Though Lorraine was not surprised for she knew all too well how overprotective her husband could be. It had gotten even worse since she had gotten pregnant, insisting he almost always was to be by her side and monitored her activities to make sure they weren't too dangerous.

"I know, I was simply thinking of..."

"The baby" Lorraine said knowing what was on her husband's mind all too well.

She knew this was the only thing on his mind lately, but why shouldn't it be. It was both an exciting and scary thing to experience, the introduction of a new life into their family.

"I know I may seem ridiculous, but I just want to make sure I'll be a good adar." Thranduil admitted to his beloved wife

"Melethron, there is nothing to worry about. You are a wonderful husband to me and I know you will be a great Adar to our Pen tithen." Lorraine said, hoping to reassure her worrying husband.

"If you say so my love, but please come inside I have something to show you." Thranduil said as then kissed his wife's head and put his arms around her to guide her.

"Ohhh!" Lorraine winced as she grabbed her stomach feeling immense pain in there and also felt water run down her legs.

"What is it Lorraine, what's wrong?" Thranduil asked almost in a panic.

Lorraine then looked up breathing very heavily.

"The baby's coming!"

Thranduil's face went pale and eyes went wide as he practically screamed "Guards help! The baby's coming!"

One hour later

Lorraine was in one of the beds of the healing room still breathing heavily as the intense pain started to truly hit her. She had took the strong hand of her husband and began to brace herself for childbirth.

"Alright my Queen get ready to push the first set of contractions will start in a few minutes!" the healer said calmly as she began to prep the tools, herbs, and staff needed for childbirth.

Lorraine prepared herself and looked at Thranduil who gave her a reassuring look. She then took a deep breath knowing all this pain would be worth it to see their child.

"Alright my Queen it's time, now push!" the healer practically ordered.

And then the long painful process began to bring a sweet little prince into the world.

Nine hours later

Lorraine looked at the tiny blond elf in her arms with such wonderment and love she didn't even know was possible. Her and Thranduil had been blessed with a baby boy, who was now the new crowned prince of all Mirkwood.

"He's here Melethron, our pen tithen is at last here." Lorraine said unable to take her eyes off her new beautiful treasure.

"He is Melethril, by the grace of the Valar our blessing has finally arrived. And he's more beautiful than I ever could have imagined." Thranduil said with much pride and amazement in his eyes, absolutely enthralled by his new elfling son.