Chapter 9: An Interest Found

After about an hour Legolas woke up from his nap and saw his Ada was taking one himself. Legolas then decided he would explore until his Ada woke up. He then crawled over to the edge of the bed, grabbed the sheets, and used them to slide down the bed. When he finally reached the ground he crawled out of the open door of the bedroom and headed in the direction of the armory. Legolas managed to avoid all the guards and servants walking around and eventually crawled to the armory. Everything was so much bigger than the little elfling crawling around leaving Legolas in awe. It was then Legolas found a shield and was in awe and giggling at his reflection. Legolas then saw something that truly caught his eye, a long white bow. Legolas immediately turned around and crawled to it. He was absolutely hypnotized with it, and even grabbed the oversized bow. He stroked the smooth and ornate weapon wanting nothing more than to learn how to use it.

Meanwhile outside a guard was patrolling the halls and noticed the door was open. The guard quickly looked inside, Legolas was luckily behind a large rack of swords so he wasn't noticed. After seeing nothing odd or suspicious the guard being over relieved slammed the door of the armory closed and locked it. This caused the sword rack behind Legolas to wobble, and then tip from its enormous weight landing nearly a foot away from Legolas, who was oblivious to anything happening at the moment.

However the King suddenly woke up to the loud noise of clattering metal. Thranduil shot up reaching for Legolas only to find his hand touched nothing but bed sheets. Thranduil's heart stopped as he saw his son was not where he was supposed to be. He then knew exactly where Legolas was. Thranduil ran to the armory, and tried to rip open the giant door. He tugged and tugged at it, but to no avail making him yell for one of the guards to unlock it. The guard quickly came over to the door and unlocked it. Thranduil then ran in and found much to his horror Legolas sitting a foot away from the fallen sword rack with three swords an inch away from stabbing his tiny chubby body. However Legolas noticed none of this for he was far to hypnotized by the glorious bow in his hands.

"Legolas!" Thranduil called with fear drenched in his voice.

Legolas finally snapped out of his hypnotic state and saw his Ada standing several feet away from him. Far more excited about his Ada Legolas started to crawl towards him. However before he could even lay one hand down on the sharp elvish swords Thranduil sprinted to his son and picked him up. Thranduil kissed his son all over happy to know he was safe and back on his arms. Legolas simply revealed in all this affection and attention.

"Legolas I was so worried when I heard that large noise, I'm so glad you're safe!"

Thranduil hugged his son tightly happy to have his treasured son with him.

"Honestly my son do I have to chain you to me in order to keep you from trouble."

Legolas simply giggled at Thranduil's comments and snuggled into his adas chest. Thranduil stroked his son's golden hair and kissed the top of his.

"Now how about we go outside where there aren't any places for you to go except in my arms."