Chapter 4: An Family Vacation

Three months later

It was a beautiful spring day, wonderful time for an elven king to at last vacation with his beloved family. And that was exactly what Thranduil was doing as he traveled on horseback with his precious ones to their spring palace for a small holiday. Lately Thranduil had been overworked with royal duties and obligations and Lorraine felt it was time for a light rest. The palace was located about twenty miles from the rich merchant city of Dale and quite the beautiful sight. It was close surrounded by beautiful rivers and greenery they didn't have in Mirkwood, a perfect place for the elven royals to find peace and tranquillity.

"Melethril are you sure it's safe for him to travel!" Thranduil called out once again overly concerned Legolas's safety as usual.

"The healer said it would be perfectly fine to travel with Legolas. If you don't remember the healers even said Legolas was the picture of health and strength for elfling babies." Lorraine stayed as she tried to calm her overprotective husband, but knew it was impossible at this point.

They had ridden miles and her husband still insisted their sweet young one shouldn't be out in the open.

"I know but I just want to make sure our son is safe and not at risk. You and I both know these are dangerous times to be traveling about especially after the incident." Thranduil said, reminding his wife of the scariest moment of their lives.

"Melethron that was three months ago and he is perfectly safe. Not only is he securely strapped to my back but we have also brought extra guards to ensure no security breaches are possible." Lorraine said as she gestured to the bundle in the sling on her back.

"Huh if you say so melethril." Thranduil said at last succumbing to his wife's assuring .

"Besides we're here." Lorraine declared as she gestured to the grand white palace in the near vicinity.

Oh how beautiful was that grand white palace all covered in ivy and flowers, intricately designed spires, and beautiful art all about it in all forms. It was a palace that simply took one's breath away leaving you in pure awe. Once arriving at the spring palace the queen and king claimed the master bedroom and placed Legolas in the newly added nursery for his late morning nap.

Once the sweet little elfling was asleep Thranduil and Lorraine took the opportunity to simply enjoy themselves and each other. Not that Legolas took away from their enjoyment but then little infant could often make it hard to have intimacy and privacy.

"I don't remember the last time we did something like this." Thranduil said as he began to wrap his arms around Lorraine.

At the moment the two lounged on an outside bench in the beautiful spring palace garden surrounded by nature.

"I know, with all that happened as of late it's been rather impossible to be alone together." Lorraine said as she naturally embraced her husband.

"With the dwarves demanding we the elves pay homage to them and the orc epidemic I've been tirelessly working. But now I'm finally, at least for now, found time to be with those I love most." Thranduil said as he then kissed his wife.

Both the king and queen then started to display affection to one another intimately holding one another, kissing, and simply enjoying the peace and quiet of nature around them. However even their sweet romantic moment was soon broken by the cries of a small elfling waking up from his nap. The queen sighed and prepared to get up to go comfort the crying elfling when something stopped her.

"Let me melethril, I believe I haven't given our little leaf much attention as of late." Thranduil chuckled as he then got up and headed towards the nursery.