Chapter 6: First Words and Scars

Two days later

It was noon as the sun shined on Thranduil's sleeping face and suddenly he started to wake up from his two day coma. His body ached all over and he felt so stiff like he hadn't moved in over a decade. He slowly turned his head side to side and then saw his wife reading, something she loved to do.

"Dear what are you reading?"

Lorraine jumped as she looked to see her husband up finally as tears flowed from her eyes. She dropped the book and quickly ran from her chair to Thranduil and hugged him causing him once again to wince in pain.

"Ohhhooohh!"

"Oh I'm sorry I forgot you're still in a lot of pain, here how about I help you sit up"

Lorraine helped her husband slowly sit up in his bed causing him to once more wince and grunt in pain.

"Uhhh how long have I been out"

"Well you've been out for about two days now you were quite beaten up"

"Yay that collapsing building really did a number on me" he started to chuckle when suddenly a heart stopping thought came to him once again as he blurted out "where's Legolas, is he ok, is he alive, did he make it!"

Lorraine put her hands on thranduil's chest to stop him from stressing to oblivion.

"Dear please calm down you shouldn't over exert yourself, but to answer all your questions yes Legolas is fine, he's just napping at the moment, would you like to see him" she asked knowing the obvious answer.

Thranduil responded with major head nodding. Lorraine then went over to the small crib in the room that she set up in there. Thranduil hadn't even noticed it till now. Lorraine then lifted the sleeping elfling out of it. She walked over to Thranduil and handed Legolas gently to him.

Thranduil then looked down at his sleeping son relieved that he was unharmed and quite alive. It was then Legolas slowly began to open his eyes and as he rubbed his tiny eyes he saw whose arms he was in. He reached up excitedly for him and did something quite unexpected.

"Ada" he giggled and yelled at the same time.

All was silent in the room and then there were cries of excitement as Thranduil held the giggling Legolas in the air.

"I can't believe you've said your first word already I'm so proud of you my pen tithen"

"Well he's always been an adas boy so no wonder he said your name first though I wish he would have said mine first" the queen mentioned almost disappointed.

"Come on Legolas say ada come on say ada say ada" Thranduil said in a rather silly voice.

"Ada Ada Ada Ada....." the elfling gladly continued.

It was then the head healer came in and was shocked to see the king awake let alone have enough energy to play with his son. That was exactly what Thranduil was doing bouncing, tickling, and many such things one would do with an elfling. After about an hour the healer interjected saying they needed to speak with the king, and with much regret Thranduil handed Legolas over to Lorraine. Causing him to once again reach for his ada but was quickly calmed down by his nana.

"Your majesty while I managed to heal most of your injuries there is one I could not"

"What could you not heal?"

Thranduil prayed to Arda that it wasn't something important.

"It was your face it was seriously burned beyond repair"

"What do you mean there aren't any bandages on my face?"

"well you see I used an illusion enchantment that covers the burned part of your face, but what I must tell you is it has its limits"

"Such as what exactly?"

"Well not much you just have to keep your temper under control otherwise it will start to show"

"Well I don't get angry to often so that shouldn't really be a problem, but are there any other things I should know"

"Nothing that I can find at the moment so you should be able to return to your normal duties"

"Well then I thank you for your services"

"Your welcome my king" the healer said as he bowed and exited the room.

"Well then I guess we should get going I have many things I will have to attend to"

"Must you Thranduil?"

"I'm afraid I must for I am the king and this kingdom is my responsibility"

It was then Legolas whined and reached for his ada once more.

"However I don't think my duties shall keep me from holding my son."

Thranduil then gladly took the small elfling back into his arms and cooed and fawned over him as almost any father would. As they exited the room Lorraine couldn't help but feel happy at the fact her life was more than ideal. For she had a loving husband and an adorable son whom she loved with all her heart. Little did she know was that all of this happiness would soon come to an end for her.