Chapter One

Earth-1610, Home of Miles Morales.

MILES was twiddling a pencil around in his fingers and studying the drawing he had drawn earlier from the previous week, and he was trying to think what he was going to draw next.

His eyes squinted in the dim light of his lamp which was the only thing illuminating his dark room. It was exactly three fifteen in the morning, Miles couldn't sleep and didn't know exactly what to do. Miles adjusted his lamp so he could see more.

The only thing that he could think straight about was the next day that was coming to haunt him. He was going to move to another high school, and his father left him no choice. Miles wished he could have burned the pamphlet that invited him there.

Miles was trying to take it off his mind by drawing a Grafitti sticker, one thing that he just loved to do in his spare time. Miles liked to draw and listen to music, some of the things he does in his past time.

This will never work, He thinks, his shoulders tensing on hunching over the drawing so the light wouldn't be seen underneath his bedroom door. Miles was only fifteen years old, and he thought that he didn't have to go to a new school. Miles's father thinks it may be good for him to be around better people at school.

Miles didn't agree with his father at all.

Miles bit the inside of his cheek and laid back into his chair with a sigh. He knew he was being supposedly being what people call dramatic and childish, but it was how he was feeling right now.

He stands up and glances over at his unmade yet messily made bed that he was trying to sleep in earlier, thinking if he should conserve his energy and go to bed, or he should keep unsuccessfully trying to draw.

His eyes squinted in that he was making a decision and then walked over to the bed, still holding the pencil he was drawing within his hand.

He sits on his bed and decides to toss his pencil onto his desk that was covered in drawings and pencils, in the middle sits a computer and the same lamp lighting the dark room.

He laid back on his bed and closed his eyes.

Let's just hope this will be much better later. He thinks to himself and then holds back a wry laugh, the corners of his lips twitched.

What am I kidding? Everything's going to get worse.