Chapter Twenty

FOUR DIMENSIONS BEING BROUGHT INTO ONE. Suddenly, there was a sucking sound as a multi-colored vortex swirled open. One was grey and black, one was black, red, and blue, one was glitchy colors, and another was red and blue.

The black and grey vortex opened on a rooftop of a skyscraper.

The black, red and blue one opened over a lamp. 

The glitchy vortex opened near a lake.

The red and blue one opened behind a building that led to a graveyard.

Out of the black one came a tall stranger, a grey hat resting on their head and a black coat resting on their shoulders.

Out of the black, red, and blue one came a short stranger, with a snout and a very wet hand. 

Out of the glitchy one came strangers in robotic parts and a school uniform with spiky black hair.

Out of the red and blue one came a stranger, with brown hair and red and blue suit. 

Out of all of them came strangers. 

And they were not of this Earth. 

...

AS MILES RAN AWAY, Gwen struggled to keep Prowlers hands off of her. Prowler's eyes narrowed as then he used his boosters to get an advantage on Gwen, her loosening her grip. Prowler stopped using his boosters and then used his hand to choke Gwen.

Gwen thrashed around, the jagged edges of his claws cutting into Gwen's neck. She began choking and seeing stars. The pain was blinding. 

Prowler used his other claw to open it, getting ready to kill her, but then, a loud blaring noise echoed through the subway. Prowler looked up in surprise, seeing a subway train, and then moved out of the way, dropping Gwen. Gwen's vision became blurry as she coughed. She had just enough web fluid to shoot a web off into the way Prowler came to tackle her. 

Gwen hid behind the walls, but then as she peeked around the corner, saw him zoom off in another direction. She slid against the wall, being in partial darkness as the subway train moved by.

Gwen's throat was burning. Her side and her ankle were screaming at her. Gwen could see the swelling on her ankle begin to show, and it was not looking good. She began to slowly breathe, catching her breath and relaxing her body. 

My clothes are gone. I can't go back there, and I need medical help. Gwen said as she groaned silently.

Why does today have to SUCK LIKE THIS? 

Then as a subway train was coming towards her, it slowed down as it came in front of her. The wheels screech as the subway stops and the doors open. Gwen beams for the first time in a while and stand up, limping into the doorway. The doors close behind her, and she gets attention from a lot of people as she grabs something from the ceiling to hold on to as the train moves. 

Murmurs began as the train moved.

"Who is she?"

"Haven't seen her 'round 'ere before,"

"Is that Spider-Man's girlfriend?" The idea of that made her recoil.

"Gross, is she covered in dirt?"

"Mommy, it's Spider-Girl!" a little girl said, pointing at Gwen. Gwen couldn't help but smile under her mask as the girl beamed at her.

...

AS GWEN LIMPED OFF THE subway train, she got strange looks from a lot of people. 

"Hey kid! Comic-Con is that way," an obnoxious man yelled and laughed.