Chapter Sixteen

LATER THAT DAY, MILES laid on his dorm bed exhausted from the day. He luckily made it back inside earlier through his dorm room and got the pigeons unstuck from his hands and feet after a painstaking thirty minutes. He took a shower in the boy's bathroom to get the feathers off, getting a few strange looks from other students, but he got them off. he then came back to his dorm and hopped in pajamas.

Miles sighed. What is wrong with me? This has never happened before.

He thought of Gwanda and how he had possibly forever ruined his chances of being more than friends with her. But then his mind wandered to the spider back in the tunnel.

Maybe that spider is the reason that I'm like this. But pffht, that wouldn't make sense, a weird little spider wouldn't make me stick to everything and have puberty all over again.

Miles's thought then hitched.

The spider... Sticking onto the walls...

Miles then got up silently, as Ganke was passed out at his gaming set with chips on the keyboard. He snuck over to his backpack and rustled around in there until he felt something silky and smooth.

"There it is," he said, pulling out a comic book that had on the front, "Amazing Fantasy, No.15" in big yellow print. It had an image of Spider-Man saving someone.

Miles's hands stuck to the comic, and it was hard for him to read it. But then miraculously he found the page where Spider-Man had found out he had powers.

"No way!" Miles said a little too loudly. Ganke stopped snoring for a second and moved around. Miles braced himself, but Ganke continued snoring loudly. 

No way, am I seriously going to become like Spider-Man? I need to get a look at that spider. It's probably time I should get some air anyway... Plus, it's... Miles checks the time. About almost twelve in the morning, I'll be fine as long as I don't get caught. 

...

MEANWHILE, GWEN couldn't sleep. She didn't have a roommate luckily because the girl who was supposed to be in the bunks with her moved away at the last minute before she finally got a dorm. Not sleeping outside, ever, ever again. Her thoughts were invading her mind the second she closed her eyes.

It's so hard to sleep. Gwen sat up in her bed and rubbed her face. She leaned over to her phone and clicked on the screen, showing it was about twelve in the morning. 

She got up out of her bed and stretched. Well, if I can't sleep, might as well take a walk. 

Gwen locked her dorm room door and opened her suitcase. She got a hoodie and some leggings, and grabbed her suit from her bookbag, along with her web shooters. She went into the bathroom, slipped off her clothes. She grabbed her web shooters and put them over her gloves, and then put on her suit, then her hoodie and leggings. 

I'm lucky it's cold at night. Otherwise I would be super hot. She thought as she left the bathroom and tossed her pajamas on her bed and found some thin gloves. She stuffed her mask into her pocket and went to the door to slip on her blue ballerina shoes and tuck the ribbons in as she put sneakers on to cover them. 

Yep, that's totally uncomfortable but it is what it is. Gwen slipped her hoodie on and unlocked the door slowly and then turned the knob. It was pitch black outside with only dim lights in the hallways of the girls dorms. Gwen slipped out of her room and quietly closed the door. She tiptoed to the end of the hall, which led to another hallway and then the staircase down. She snuck towards the stairs. She looked around and saw a light reflecting off the stairs. Gwen went down the stairs and easily saw the light was a security guard by the door.