Chapter Twelve

MILES LAID in his bed, unable to sleep. He was still thinking about so many things at once. After Spider-Man's visit, so many things have been on his mind. He was playing his favorite song, Sunflower, and he couldn't get enough of the song. After hearing it on his dad's radio, he just loved it.

His dad. Home. Miles felt homesick, and he wanted to go home. To be free. When he thought of his dad, he thought of his Uncle Aaron. After making a few bad criminal choices, he and Aaron never spoke again. Miles still visited Aaron, and he loved his uncle.

Maybe I can go visit him... Miles thought as he looked towards the door. He checked his watch, and it was about 5 AM, two hours before he had to get up. He had some time to spare. 

Miles carefully got down from his bed, careful not to wake Ganke. He took his backpack and slung it over his shoulder. He grabbed his phone from off of the charging dock, and he opened the door slowly, careful not to make any noise.

He tiptoed, closing the door behind him and walking towards the stairwell. Luckily, he was on the second floor, the nearest dorms to the exit. Miles could feel his heart pounding like a drum in his chest, but he was going to be in major trouble if he got caught. He placed his headphones around his neck, turning off his music to hear his surroundings better.  He snuck over to the entrance and heard a sudden voice talking. Miles immediately hid behind a poster advertising to join Visions. He hid until the voice went out of earshot, and then he ran for the entrance. He pushed open the door, panting. 

He had made it out. Now to make his way to his uncle's before he was seen. 

Miles pulled out his phone, going into his contacts, searching for his Uncle's flat. The map said that he wasn't too far away, just three miles. The rest he had remembered from recent visits. Miles ran across the crosswalk, cars honking at him, and as he ran, he bumped into a few people who for a second, stared at him. His phone dinged after a while, alerting him that he arrived. 

As he looked up and saw his Uncle's flat, he grinned. There was a flight of stairs that led to his Uncle's window, and as he climbed it, he blasted music through his headphones. Once he got there, he took a picture of his Uncle and edited it with some GIFs. 

"And sent. Now to wait." Miles said to himself, smirking. 

His Uncle Aaron was watching his television until his phone alerted him. He looked at it and then looked up at the window. Miles smirked and as to play around, Miles pressed his face to the glass, making silly faces on the windowsill. Hopefully, there are no bugs on this, otherwise, I'm going to make myself throw up later. 

After Miles took his face off, Uncle Aaron opened his window.

"Well, what brings you here, stranger?" Aaron jokes.

"I think my uncle lives here. You kidnapped him or something? You look straight from the STREETS!" Miles said, mocking Aaron in a joking way. Aaron laughed and let him inside his flat.

Aaron's flat was a modern, but not completely organized one. There were some newspapers scattered across his dining table, and there were untouched dishes in the sink that needed some attention. Some soda cans were on the floor, empty and crushed. Some scratches were in the corner in the room and sometimes Miles thought his Uncle had a cat once.

"What brings you here so early, Miles? I heard you were in one of the prestigious schools." Aaron tossed Miles a soda can. Miles loved soda, especially the ones Aaron gave him. His dad would have never let him drink soda on a school night. Miles sips it and smirks.

"Why are you up this early?" Miles wiggled an eyebrow to joke back. Aaron laughed and took a sip of his soda. 

"Touché, Miles. Touché." Aaron sat down as Miles put his soda and backpack down as he began messing with the punching bag in the corner.