Chapter Two

Earth-62, Home of Gwen Stacy, aka Ghost-Spider

GWEN was hiding. Hiding from the people who hunted her. Who longed for her to be dead.

She knew people had hated her as Spider-Woman because the people of her Earth think she killed somebody. The people who think she killed her best friend.

It always made her think of Peter, just lying there on the ground, his body not moving as if he was a statue, seeing the small hole caused by a bullet punctured in his side, blood trickling out of it that would leave a scar.

Well, it would leave a noticeable scar, not that anyone would notice it on a dead person who was in the ground.

She remembered the way she thought how she would never make friends again.

Trying to think straight about how to get out of the situation she was in, Gwen scours the area around her. Police sirens were outside the bank she was standing in, criminals unconscious and holding money bags beside her.

She was dressed in a white suit, mixed with a black design that went from completely black until it crawled up to her hips, where it split and then left white to fill in the blanks. On the underside of her arms were pink areas with white and black lines crossing them. 

In her Earth, before Peter had died, she was known as Ghost-Spider, the one who saved everyone, who didn't accidentally 'kill' someone, and she didn't have a prison warranty on her head.

As then she saw shapes of the shadows of police officers crawling off the body of the owners onto the pavement outside, coming towards the glass doors of the bank, so Gwen decided to shoot a few webs from her web-shooters towards the crooks, the sticky solution forming into a web design into midair and wrapping itself around the body and therefore trapping them.

One crook groaned out loud, so Gwen shot a web at the ceiling and she was cloaked with the darkness of the night as the policemen shot out the doors with their shotguns in their hands.

At least I'm safe up here, Gwen thought as she sighed of relief causing warm air to circulate in her mask, making her feel hotter than it was.

One of the policemen pulled out a flashlight from the holster he had it in and ignited it, giving the night some illumination.

"Who's there? Ghost-Spider, we know you're around here somewhere," said the lead policeman, his skin dark and clammy from the heat inside the bank. He used his free arm to wipe the forearm off his sleeve to wipe his forehead.

His partner looked at him with a confused look, and then he looked up above with his flashlight, taking its bright light off of the crooks and right in the spot where Gwen was hiding.

Webs!

The policeman gets his partner's attention and they then look at Gwen as she clambers around on the ceiling and then she gets out of the bank by getting off the ceiling and she was now outside, propelling herself out of the door.

She shot a web thankfully landed on the side of the building and it helped her swing off, getting her away from the group of policemen scrambling away from each other to get her when they notice her swinging off, too out of reach to shoot a web.

"Dammit, Ghost-Spider!" the dark-skinned police officer yells in frustration as he throws his cap on the ground.

Gwen then takes a deep breath of relief as she swings farther away from them.