Chapter Eight

GWEN FELT like she was in one of those rides that spin you around that you'd usually see at a fair. Except for the fact that she saw vivid colors spin all around her. Over and over again like a video in loop.

But the peculiar thing was, it didn't stay a couple of colors for long. It kept changing colors. Gwen felt like she was being half torn apart, feeling the excruciating pain all over her body. She yells in anguish as she falls through the unfamiliar vortex, and she squeezes her eyes shut, wondering when this moment will be over.

I am not dying this way- Gwen thinks just as soon as she feels a cool breeze blow past her body. Before Gwen can open her eyes to see what's going on, her body crumples against something hard and lands against something rough. 

Gwen groans and feels pain in her body everywhere. She opens her eyes and sits up, looking at her school clothes, now having holes that were showing bruises and a few cuts on her legs and arms.

Gwen steadies herself and then stands up to look at something she'd never seen before. As she stood up, she saw what seemed to be millions of skyscrapers lining the sky and breaking the clouds. She looked around and noticed she was in the city.

But not her city.

Where am I?  Gwen pondered as she looked around in confusion. She then realized she could look around, if she had her suit, of course. Gwen looked in her bag and sighed with relief when she spotted her pink and black-clad suit folded in the top of her bag.

Gwen was ecstatic until she realized the fact that she needed to change to get the suit on. Her cheeks flushed and she looked around on the roof and saw no one.

I'm going to hate this if anyone sees it.

...

After getting dressed, Gwen sighs and slings her bag over her shoulder. Shooting a web out of her web-shooters, Gwen begins to swing and look around where she is. On her way, she saw regular streets that she saw back home.

Her eyes squinted in confusion as she clings to the side of a building. Then, she feels a tingling sensation in the back of her head, her sense going off. Gwen whips her head around to see someone, but she doesn't see anyone there. Just wind.

Then, her sense goes off stronger when she looks in the direction of a building. A building that had a sign in the front of it. Gwen swings over to another building to get closer to the building and sees the title of the school. 

'Visions', the sign read. Gwen felt her sense go off stronger towards the school and she smiled, knowing her sense had her back. Looks like I'm going to a high school to get some answers. Great.

Gwen then spotted people coming out of the school, and her smile faded once she saw that it was going to be harder than it looked. Great.  She thinks sarcastically as she takes off towards the school.