Chapter Ten

"-AND THERE'S THE GIRL'S DORMS." Miles pointed out the way to the girl's dorms. Gwanda nodded and looked over at Miles. He smiled and shrugged. "That's Visions that I know so far. I'm new here too." 

"Nice." she looked around kind of impressed by the view. Then she noticed the fact that she still had torn clothes on and made her look like she stole them from someone. 

"Erm- Miles, do they have- Like um, girl's uniforms somewhere?" Gwen looked at Miles and then he took in the fact that her clothes were ripped by the knee and legs, but he decided to stop looking before he was caught staring. 

"Oh-Uh-Sure-" Miles stuttered as he walks towards the front office with Gwen following closely behind. This girl's making me stutter. Never stuttered around a girl before... Miles thought as they walked to the front office. 

"Uh, see you later Gwanda?" Miles looks at Gwen and she looked at him in confusion and then her face brightened up.

"Oh, right, yeah, sure," Gwen nodded and walked into the office door, shutting the door behind her. Miles walked back to the boy's dorms with a smile on his face. He kind of liked this Gwanda, and she was pretty. That's one person who may make his whole school year better than it has been so far. 

~ ~ ~ ~

GWEN mentally slapped her face over and over again as she walked into the office. Why would you make up a name, that had to be Gwanda? That's not a real name! She shakes her head and puts on a smile and walks in to see a middle-aged woman behind the desk.

"Uh, hello," Gwen says as she places both of her arms onto the counter. The lady was typing and she stopped as she looked up at Gwen.

"Hello." the lady smiled at Gwen and adjusted her glasses up on the bridge of her nose. "How may I help you?"

"Do you have some extra clothes? I ripped mine, uh, tripping over a rock." Gwen smoothly came up with a lie as the lady nodded. She opened a drawer under her desk and handed Gwen some new and fresh uniform clothes. Gwen smiled and nodded. "Thank you, Miss." 

"Anytime!" the lady says as she walks out of the office. 

~ ~  ~  ~

AFTER GWEN CHANGED, she pulled her schedule out of her backpack. She had to hack into the school system to make sure she was an official student there to figure out where she was and how to get back home. But mainly why she was there, and what transported her there and why. 

So many things were rushing through her head like cars that were speeding. It was a normal habit of her to have a double life. She looked at her schedule and saw she had Science, room 70. She also had a map of the school with her so she pulled it out and navigated her way through the school. After a couple of twists and turns, she walked into the room, seeing that the class was right in the middle of watching a nature video of a woman with crazy tangled and puffy hair in a leafy environment, and then she looked at the rest of the class. 

"Miss Stacy," Gwen looked up at a light-skinned teacher staring at her with a board in her hands and she had glasses that were way too big.

"Uh, hi," Gwen said, stepping closer to the screen which caused her to be blinded by the light of the screen. She looked over the class and then saw a familiar face. Miles was waving at her while smiling, and she waved back awkwardly while playing with the straps of her backpack.

"Take a seat." the teacher said as she sat back down behind her desk and Gwen went down a row and sat right next to Miles. 

"This is cool, we have the same class together," Miles whispered as Gwen looked at him, setting her backpack down by her feet.

"Yeah," Gwen whispered back to him, glancing at the movie playing on the screen. I still wonder why my sense led me here. This guy seems to stand out from the others but I can't exactly put my finger on it... Gwen pondered as Miles too looked back at the screen. 

This may be a long day... Gwen thought as she kept watching the screen.