Chapter 12: Control over the Gods

It was now morning in the town of Edvie as the Shield hero and his team emerge from the town lord's mansion. Due to Bakugou's actions, the corrupt sheriff and his son Arcat's reign of terror in the town was over after the Shield hero and his crew defeated them and their lackeys, who were all stoned to death yesterday from the understandably pissed off townsfolk.

In the night before Bakugou helped the town lord to confiscate those two now dead exploiters and their men's money and helped him properly redistribute it back to the people they exploited in the first place.

A lot of the town was out near the mansion to see their Shield hero one last time before he heads for the nation's capital. Thankfully for Bakugou, they are not as fanatic as they were the day before, feeling thankful for what Bakugou did for them despite their bigotry from yesterday.

Kirishima was in his large form ready to fly off again as the three sidekicks got themselves on along with Bakugou who now sported his gauntlets again after they finally self-repaired themselves 2 days after the fight with Glass. Before he flew off though the old town lord wanted to say some final words to him, "Thank you again for everything Lord Bakugou. You should be welcomed at the Capitol, they will know ahead of time that you are coming so you shouldn't have to deal with too much trouble."

Bakugou nods back at the lord understanding him, he then grabs on to his dragons' reins and shouts, "Kirishima! Fly!"

And after some running and flapping his wings the dragon was in the air again now on the way to the nation's capital.

Kirishima continued to fly for a few hours across the countryside until the crew finally made it to their destination, Siltvelt's capital city.

In some ways, it looked similar to Melromarc's capital with a large castle in the center of a large city. Though what sets it apart from Melromarc were the walls, not just around the city itself but also large layers of walls that divided up the city. While such a setup would make it hard to seige and assault the city in an invasion, it also divides the people and the different castes that reside inside the city.

Kirishima continued to fly over the busy city as the crew look down below to see a diverse people of demi-humans of all shapes and sizes. It was quite a sight for them. Though some of them did quickly noticed that it was clear that some groups of Demi-humans were living in better areas than others. And the humans were another completely different and unpleasant story.

Eventually the crew made it near the large castle that was elevated high at the middle of the center wall ring. And to their surprise there seemed to be a large number of armed soldiers lined up in rows and by the looks of it they were saluting up to their shield hero.

Bakugou then lands Kirishima at the large welcome party with the crew jumping off the dragon as he shrinks into his toddler self and jumps on his father's shoulder.

Despite it looking like a warm welcome, Bakugou didn't want to take any chances, "Keep your guards up, we still don't know if we can trust any of these furries yet." he says to his crew.

Melty wasn't sure why the hero would be cautious to people that see him as a God, but she didn't question it, not that Bakugou would listen anyway.

As the soldiers continued bowing before Bakugou one demi-human noble who looked like a human with straight-up red hair but had large feathered wings on his back and had clawed bird-like feet. He approaches the crew and once up to the shield hero he kneels down before him, "Thank you for finally coming to our Kingdom Sir Shield hero, I am Valnar, one of the four councilors and the representative of the Shusaku race of Siltvelt. It's a pleasure to see your gracefulness." he introduced himself.