Chapter 22: A new threat comes about

It had been a week since Kiel, Raphtalia, and Rifana had been introduced to the newly established Bakcadia.

During that time, the town continues to grow and expand with more and more people from all around, human and Demi-human alike arriving in the town to become new residents and help contribute to its growth.

And the one who was leading the people here and administrating the town as its new lord, is the cardinal Shield Hero Katsuki Bakugou. Doing his best to make this the perfect place to live and be almost self-sufficient as it can be, all the while making progress on his big hero school project with the help of his sidekicks Neia, Rino, Daven, and even little Kirishima.

Not too much has happened lately, except for one very bizarre adventure that happened to them a few days prior that Bakugou ordered his sidekicks to never talk about again.

Bakugou was currently inspecting his town, making sure construction for most of the buildings were going smoothly and the residents were happy.

"So anything to report guys?" He asked his sidekicks who finally came up to him while Kirishima was laying on his shoulder as usual.

Neia spoke up first, "Well the wolf dens in the east have been found and the wolves were quickly killed off with the dens destroyed before their numbers can grow out of control."

Then Rino, "It also looks like the Water storage facility is in progress now, with all the logistics being handled by the experts."

And lastly Daven, "And these rumors of this new human group being 3 heroes church supporters turn out to be fake after a proper investigation was done."

Bakugou smiles at that, "Good, just what I like to hear. More stupid problems being solved easily." he brags which the crew were used to at this point. They knew Bakugou was arrogant, but it was arrogance he has mostly earned and had done good things with it. They were always happy to be his sidekicks.

Eventually the group made it to a large building that has just finished construction a few days ago. It was a church, thankfully one not of the 3 heroes that had been outlawed throughout the Kingdom, but of the 4 heroes church where all cardinal heroes are worshiped equally. Bakugou may not be a religious person himself but he knew religion was important for many other people so a place of worship would be needed for a community like this, and he rather it be with a tolerant religion than either the bigoted 3 heroes church and corrupt Grand Holy Shield hero church.

Once near the structure, the group encounter Princess Melty who was talking with the curator of the new church itself, she was a middle age woman in her late 40s dressed up in nun-like clothing, "Welcome Shield hero Bakugou, how is your day?"

"Fine nun, how's the church been doing?" he responds then asked.

"It's fine so far, but if we start getting any issues from the patrons I'll inform you as soon as possible." the nun responds with Melty nodding with her being given the same information.

"I'm surprised you were able to find someone to run the church so easily after what happened Sir Bakugou. Are you originally with the newly established 4 Heroes church in the capital?" Rino says and then asked the church head.

The woman shakes her head and quickly responds, "No I was actually with the 3 Heroes church once if you can believe it, though me and my family were never true followers. We always believed the shield hero deserves just as much respect as the other heroes, and that we should focus our hate on the corrupt government of Siltvelt rather than the poor demi-humans themselves, who are just as much victims in that nation as humans are. Course Balmus thought my personal beliefs were too "problematic" and I was given an unpaid discharge and no one in that cathedral of hypocrites would ever look back at me."