Chapter 14: Big changes in Siltvelt

It had only been a few hours since the end of Siltvelts wave. Bakugou's team had been helping around, cleaning up and repairing anything at the nearby towns that were affected by the wave. After the sun fell, the town of the large quarry celebrate with Bakugou's team, though unlike other people, this wasn't over blind religous worship but for genuine thankfulness and respect for the shield hero, which Bakugou could get behind.

The rest of his team was also enjoying themselves with the food and games, but Daven still thought something felt off, not with the party or townspeople, but some force watching them. It made him uneasy and he kept himself cautious. Bakugou could see it in his eyes as well and he kept his eyes open as well despite not knowing what Daven sees or feels.

Eventually, the party ended near midnight and the town was ready to head to their beds for the night. The town's lord said his final goodbyes to the shield hero with his dragon on his shoulder before he headed back to his estate to sleep, "Thank you again for everything you have done for us Lord Bakugou. We will continue our prayers and hope the best for you and your team in the future."

"Whatever just keep your heads cool and treat each other well. Including the humans." Bakugou responds in his own typical Bakugou way.

The Lord nods back and heads for his house.

Bakugou goes to look for his team, he remembers them being near the outskirts of the town by the woods where they played games and whatnot with some of the children. He first encounters Daven after he appears next to him from his magic, "Mr. Bakugou, I recommend we head out soon, I can't say for sure what it is but I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen soon."

It seemed weird to say when everything seemed fine in this normal town after a big celebration, but Bakugou wasn't going to go against his new scout and nods, "I'm having similar thoughts, where is the rest of the team?"

"I told them of a meeting spot to wait at for you. I recommend we head our way to there now, and once we're together let's just fly out as soon as possible."

"Agreed"

After walking toward an open field near the woods Bakugou soon enough sees Melty, Rino, and Neia standing by at some trees waiting for them.

"Oh, there is sir Bakugou," Neia points out as the three girls run off toward Bakugou as soon as they see him and Daven.

Bakugou himself continues his walk toward them, but Daven finally paused as soon as he finally picked up something through his dark magic, and senses a hostile force just away in some trees. He felt this energy before. It was one of a snake, a very large snake, and it wasn't a stray gorgon, it was something of this world.

And just a second after that, he sense's that it was about to attack.

"To your right!" he finally shouted.

Bakugou heard that and immediately as he looks right, a large green arrow was shot out toward him.

Bakugou quickly in time blocks it with his shield. As the arrow bounces off to the ground, he quickly noticed the arrowhead had venom on it, as it drips and kills all the grass it touches.

Everyone looked confused as to what did that was, and when they turn toward the direction of the venom arrow, they saw a large Snake Cobra demi-human who was lacking legs but he had arms holding onto a bow with numerous arrows on his back that were coated in his venom.

Bakugou was ready to attack the assassin, but then the earth started to shake, and suddenly a giant rock wall forms in between the groups splitting them off.