Chapter 16: Explosive Resolve

It was now morning in Melromarc's capital. It was a confusing and conflicting time for the citizens of the city, after all of the fighting last night and the large army now occupying the city and castle, it was hard for everyone to have a cohesive mind.

And the rumors have already spread on the King's disappearance and the ones controlling the area and the occupying army was none other than General Richeart and Lord Reichnott. Many are concluding that Reichnott has overthrown Aultcray and has taken over the kingdom for himself. But what does that leave there Queen who is not back yet?

People continued to gossip all morning about all of this, lacking any answers. That was until the citizens have been requested by the guards and public messagers to be gather at the areas where groups of mage soldiers were holding onto crystal balls.

Many concluded that Lord Reichnott himself now wants to set things straight from a crystal ball message that will be broadcast throughout the kingdom.

Once enough people gathered around the mages they finally began to activate the crystal balls that projected large images up high in the air for everyone to see, and within the projections was the inside of Melromarcs throne room with Lord Reichnott himself standing up in front of the 2 monarch throne chairs.

After pushing up his glasses Reichnott finally spoke from the broadcast, "Dear people of Melromarc, I'm sure you might've been hearing rumors about what happened last night at the capital and are wondering what is going on at your seat of government. To set things straight, it is true, Me, the army, and the rest of Melromarc's nobility have indeed enacted a coup, and King Aultcry is no longer the sovereign regent of this nation, while he is not dead and had escaped from the authorities along with Princess Malty and the cardinal bow and spear heroes, he no longer holds any power here in Melromarc anymore."

With the numerous crowds all across the country hearing this, many groups of people were already gossiping on the news with them discussing how some of the rumors were confirmed to be true. It wasn't surprising to some people though, like Sir Erhart at the capital, "I figure the old king had pushed everyone's buttons too much. If he couldn't stop the shield or sword hero, I doubt he had a chance against the rest of the kingdom." he says out loud to himself.

Back at the projection broadcast Reichnott continued, "I know some of you are wondering if I did this out of my own ambition to take over the kingdom after overthrowing our old ruler. Well I'm here to answer that can't be any further from the truth. I and the rest of the Nobles and land leaders of this country have agreed that Aultcray and his insane bias mind and pride have made him too dangerous to be allowed in power anymore, from him trying to declare a major war in the middle of the wave crisis with little evidence, wanting to start a civil war on the nation who wouldn't agree with his insanity, and attempting to arrest the sword hero to enslave him. But I'm sure some of you still don't believe me, thinking I'm making things up. Well then, let me show you some moments of how your king runs his nation."

Reichnott then signaled a knight with a crystal ball to come forth to be front and center of the magical broadcasting. He then activated the magic ball and it began to show various moving images and voices of Aultcray from the noble assembly meeting where he threatens on arresting the opposing nobles and wanting to start a civil war, as well as throwing the sword hero under the bus for not agreeing to join the war with him and the other heroes, the other nobility meeting a few days ago where Aultcray continues to antagonize the noble leaders and yells at General Richeart to send all the escaped human slaves back to Siltvelt, and last was from a crystal ball that was found last night in the meeting room where Aultcray and the bow and Spear heroes were discussing on where to find and capture the sword hero than afterward somehow enslave him.