Chapter 10: The next wave

About 9 days had passed since Rino became a new member of Bakugou's group. She managed to pass through Bakugou's physical training and he went on to help her raise Rino's levels. Thanks to Bakugou's leadership and knowing the best places to grind monsters he was able to get her to raise her level from 23 to 40 in that short amount of time. He had also raised Kirishima's levels to 40, making all three of his sidekicks the same level. Bakugou himself is at level 65 now. He's still been unable to get them to get their class up upgrades due to the church's stubbornness and the King's pettiness. But once they deal with the next wave by tomorrow he and his crew will head off to the Demi-human empire of Siltvelt in the hopes that the monarchy over there is more reasonable than here.

But despite the level cap Bakugou had managed to train Neia to finally duel wielding swords, now with fighting potential better than ever. She also continues her attempt to her water magic but that has been a lot less successful. Rino wished she could help Neia with water magic training, but she had no affinity for water magic so she couldn't help Neia no matter how hard she tried. Neia was starting to get to the point if she should even bother trying anymore.

Rino has never been happier, unlike Motoyasu Bakugou expects her to fight and she can go all out with her powers and learn new ones from the various texts that Bakugou had acquired since coming here expanding her magic potential greater than ever that even impressed the Shield Hero. She also got a hang of the spear part of her weapon in case she has to fight close range or in physical combat. Her magic affinity is mostly based on earth and light magic as well as skill in magic crafting, hex breaking, and many other magical abilities.

She has also become good friends with Neia, unlike her old party where the crew wasn't even close to being friendly, Rino enjoyed being with Neia like a sister. Neia herself was glad to have another girl to talk to and can talk about normal things that Bakugou will probably never understand or remotely care about.

Rino had been told about her, Kirishima, and Bakugou's adventures. From Neia's rescue by Bakugou, their battle with the giant Hydra, their point of view during the last wave and the chimera fight, there encounter with Zenra the mad botanist, feeding a starving village where Kirishima hatched at, stopping the bow hero Itsuki and his revolution in Tervein, and there fight and rescue of the dragon Gaelion and defeating the evil greedy lord Smi and his associates. Rino couldn't believe that they did all of that in just two months, especially compared to her time with Motoyasu which was a boring boring experience for her.

Rino now held great respect for Bakugou despite his loud nature and rude attitude Bakugou was a true hero to her and she never regretted joining up with his team.

As of now the crew was back at the capital, tomorrow will be the start of the next wave so Bakugou and his team were preparing for that event.

The first place they went to was Erhard's weapon shop. Erhard quickly starts his greeting, "Welcome to my... Oh, it's you again. Come by for more repairs?" Erhard asked quickly recognizing Bakugou.

Bakugou quickly took his cape, boots, and gauntlets off and placed them on the counter, "Get these in top shape as fast as possible and make sure they last longer this time."

"Sure though this is the 3rd time already this week you had these gauntlets of yours repaired. What exactly are you doing to get them so warn out so fast compare to the rest of your equipment?" Erhard asked.

"Why do you even care baldy? Unless you have something that might be of interest to me?" Bakugou responded and asked back seeing where this was going with the merchant.

"Well whatever you're doing with them, your gauntlets and the rest of your armor if they have been upgraded enough, can get a self-repair effect added into them so over time especially at night they can repair themselves like brand new so no more constant repair shop trips. I can offer to add them in after I fully repair your armor, for say 10 gold?" Erhard offered.