[ seventeen ]

I was leaning into Percy, shooting the breeze with Piper, and watching the boys fool around

I was leaning into Percy, shooting the breeze with Piper, and watching the boys fool around. Everything was perfect. I only wish it stayed like that.

Now everything has gone to shit, and I have no idea how to fix it.

A couple hours earlier...

I feel Percy flutter into consciousness behind me and turn to give him a small smile. He gives me a groggy smirk before closing his eyes again. He doesn't really look tired, just a little annoyed. I am too. The boys are crazy.

Hazel calls my name, and we start discussing the play. I have a couple good ideas for sets and stuff, but Hazels not sure I can pull it off. I know I can. I just have to convince her to go along with me.

After Leo screams one too many times, Piper gives me the look.

"Annabeth, Hazel and I are going upstairs. Don't you dare follow unless you want your d-"

"Language!" Frank says, but he's turning pale.

"Cut off." Piper finished with a smug smile. She doesn't care that Frank interrupted her. Everyone knows that Piper means what she says and says what she means. She's scary like that.

Piper grabs my hand and we walk up the stairs behind Hazel. Frank awkwardly waves to her and blushes.

The second Piper's door is closed, she pounces.

"I knew you liked him!!! It was so obvious! Why didn't you tell us? We would have given you advice! Were you nervous?! He's head over heels for you! Why were you arguing?! Wait, was that your first kiss?! That's so romantic and sweet and-"

"Piper!" I say laughing, "chill out."

"Come on Annabeth! Tell us," Hazel begs, pouting.

"Okay, okay. So, um." I blush, thinking about all the things I like about Percy. His loveable personality. The way he loves his parents so much. How he struggles with school but he tries so hard and always asks for help. And I just know he's going to be so good with his younger sibling, even if he disagrees with me. Then there's his eyes. I don't understand how they can be so understanding and so loving, while also looking like they hold the world's greatest mysteries.

"I didn't tell you because I thought it was obvious! And, well, I didn't really want to make a big deal of it. I just ended things with Luke, and I didn't want you guys to think he was just a rebound."

Piper immediately butts in. "That's not what would have happened and you know it. But, continue."

"And yeah, that was our first kiss. He's just been so great with Luke and stuff, and he's always there for me. Percy's just so amazing."

"Wait," Hazel interrupts, "What do you mean 'with Luke and stuff'. Everything was okay with you guys, right?"

I had told everyone I had broken up with Luke, but I didn't really expand on why. No one really pushed.