[ one ]

"Who's that new guy? Isn't he hot?" My best friend, Piper, leans across the table, trying to get a better look at him

"Who's that new guy? Isn't he hot?" My best friend, Piper, leans across the table, trying to get a better look at him. Her boyfriend, Jason, pouts, asking why his superman muscles aren't enough for her.

I look at who Piper is talking about, he is actually really hot. He has sea-green eyes and just for a second I think I could get lost in them for hours. His black hair is messy, like he just rolled out of bed. Actually, hold that thought, I think he did just roll out of bed. His clothes are wrinkled and it looks like they were the first thing he found on his floor. A teal t-shirt with a trident on it, black ripped skinny jeans, and black high-top converse. I smile, I'm wearing high-top converse too, only mine are white. The just-rolled-out-of-bed thing suits him and he really does look cute.

My boyfriend, Luke, studies him and scowls. He grabs my wrist and squeezes it, hard. I wince and then immediately hope no one noticed.

"Sooo," Piper asks, I forgot she was waiting for an answer.

"Um, he's fine I guess, not really my type though," I send a tight smile at Luke. He lets go of my wrist, and starts talking to Frank about football. I start rubbing my wrist and resist the urge to check if it's red. I hope he didn't leave a bruise this time.

"Ahhhhh," Piper fangirls, "You two are just the cutest!" Yeah, sure Pipes. Luke and I might be the hottest couple in school, but when no one's there... I shake my head and try to pay attention to what my friends are saying. Leo had just said something, and everyone was laughing.

"Yeah, Percy Jackson, he's also a senior," Hazel says, the first to catch her breath, "he was in my English class this morning."

"I wonder if he'll be on the football team?" Frank asks, looking at Luke and Jason. The three of them played football together, and Leo was the odd one out. Leo, let's just say he wasn't really into sports.

We all joke and laugh for the rest of lunch. Besides the arrival of Percy, it's a normal Friday.

"We're still on for tonight, right?" Piper doesn't actually have to ask, but she still does almost every Friday.

"Of course!" Every Friday since Freshman year Piper, Jason, Frank, Hazel, Leo, Luke and I go out for pizza at the same place. We usually go at five, after everyone is done with their respective practices (Frank, Jason and Luke have football, Piper has cheerleading, Hazel has drama, and I have track). It's a tradition that we have never broken once. Not when Jason had his heart broken by Reyna, not when Leo was grounded, not even when Frank had the flu. (He facetimed, don't worry).

The bell rings, so we all collect our stuff and leave the cafeteria. I say bye to everyone except Piper as we walk towards chemistry. I hear Piper squeal beside me.

"Oh my gods, Percy's in this class! I don't care what you say, he's totally your type." I look at her and roll my eyes. She gets very excited when it comes to boys.

"Piper I have a boyfriend," I say teasing, sometimes she gets caught up in the moment and forgets. She doesn't seem like she hears me, too busy thinking up plans of making us get together.

Shaking my head I grab her hand and drag her to our usual seats before she gets any ideas. Fortunately, Percy sat in the back, and we sit in the middle.

After a long chemistry class listening to Piper gossip about god knows what, I finally have a free period. As soon as the bell rings, I'm gone. I feel bad for ditching Piper, but she'll be okay, she has a lot of other friends.

I go to the west wing, then down a flight of stairs before I get to my destination, the library. I walk in and immediately exhale the breathe I didn't realize I had been holding. I always felt safer when I was in a library, and I didn't know why. I wave to the librarian before sitting in my usual chair. I pull out my favorite book, The Fault In Our Stars, by John Green. I first read it when I was younger, and fell in love by the end of the first chapter. Although it's a bit easy I still read it from time to time, especially when I've had a bad day.

I can't focus on my book, because my mind keeps wandering to Percy. I wonder where he moved from? I wonder if he has a girlfriend?

Annabeth, stop, I chastise myself, you have a boyfriend. Don't think about another guy, and definitely not a guy as hot as Percy. Luke wouldn't like me thinking like that. I shudder. Besides, I've never even met him, and I'm not usually one to judge on appearances.

I start the chapter over, vowing not to think about Percy for the rest of the day.