Party not to your liking?

Gundham sighed annoyedly "Sonia I really do not see the point in you bringing me to this party-" But Sonia just laughed "Oh come on Gundham, its a chance to bond with people!" She said joyfully as she walked with her friend to the entrance.

He just scoffed but gave in "If you really insist, but I doubt I will really bond with anyone here-" The two of them stepped inside to see a bunch of different people not just from their class, but the two other classes as well.

Sonia smiled softly "I told Akane I would find her when we got here, do you want to come with me to find her?" She asked.

Gundham shook his head "no thanks, I don't see myself spending time with many of the mortals who are here-"
The princess shrugged "oh alright, you should try to have fun though!" She called out as she walked off to find Akane.

Gundham just took out his phone and scrolled through it. He was clearly not interested in being here, yet he was dragged.

He suddenly felt the chill of someone accidentally spilling their drink on him. He rolled his eyes annoyedly, "Be more careful you fiend." He said before looking up.

"Oh shit! Dude Im so sorry I tripped- Tanaka?! Is that you?!" The person exclaimed and when Gundham looked up he recognized who it was, the boy he reluctantly had a crush on.

Emphasis on reluctantly.

Gundham wiped some of the drink off of him with his scarf "Kazuichi?! I did not expect to see find you here. Well Like I was saying, be more careful."

Souda nodded "Yeah yeah, sorry again- Here lemme help ya or something." He tried to help him wipe some of the drink off him.

They looked into each other's eyes, their faces close to one another. Kazuichi stuttered, blush covering his face. He stepped away a bit "well what are you even doing alone, I thought you were here with Miss Sonia-" He said a little bitterly.

Gundham huffed "How many times must I tell you, her and I are friends, nothing else. Platonic." He insisted. He sighed "and about the spilling, its fine really. I wouldn't expect a mortal like yourself to be perfect." His face flushed a bit pink "uh-uhm I'm going to go find Sonia-" he mumbled as an excuse and just walked off.

He ran his fingers through his hair, and thought to himself 'Jesus Christ, Why of all people am I attracted to Kazuichi?! Even if he's quite cute, and if he wasn't such an idiot maybe I'd understand why I like him-" He suddenly shook his head. 'There's no point, he's straight anyway, he likes Sonia.' He reminded himself internally.

Later that night

Gundham stood next to Sonia as she talked to her other friends happily, tuning out everything that was being said as he just glanced around. He perked up as he noticed Kazuichi walk outside through a backdoor. He wanted to check on him, he couldn't tell if it was because of curiousity or concern. Though even if it was concern there's no way he would admit it. He quickly said an excuse to leave where he was and went to follow him.

Kazuichi sighed as the cool breeze ran blew his hair out of his face, he looked up to the stars silently.

Gundham slowly walked outside as well. "So...party not to your liking?" He asked walking up to him

Souda jumped at first but then just chuckled "first of all, geez you didn't need to scare me like that and second of all, I just needed a breather for a second." He paused "What about you, why are you out here with me...?"

Gundham stumbled on his words, hesitating as he didn't know what to say. "Honestly, there's no one else I'd rather be with." He quickly looked away awkwardly. The two kept glancing at each other before Gundham shook his head "My apologies mortal, I'll leave you be-"

Kazuichi turned to him "wait Tanaka-! Can you...stay?" He mindlessly grabbed his hand.

Gundham's eyes widened, blush covered all over his face. He automatically pulled his scarf up over his face with his other hand. "O-of course I can stay."

Kazuichi quickly let go of his hand once he noticed what he was doing. He looked up at the stars again "This is really sad but...that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. What you said about wanting to be here with me." He admited.

The two sat in silence more, Gundham admired the stars and constellations in the dark night sky.

Souda glanced over at the breeder, he felt so confused, he didn't know what was going on. He was getting along with Gundham, and it was...nice?  He also had to admit, the moonlight shining on Gundham made him look really pretty.

After more silence Gundham spoke up again "Do you actually hate me Kazuichi..?" This caused the mechanic to freeze for a moment before finally responding. "No, I don't actually hate ya Tanaka, who could possibly hate you? I guess, I don't know my emotions are fuckin' confusing.."

He comtinued again after taking a breath "But...thanks for coming out here with me this was actually really nice." He grinned a little.

Gundham blushed lightly "Yes It..it was." He rolled his eyes though he was smiling "You're obviously still a mortal, but you're one I tolerate."

Kazuichi laughed and playfully shoved him gently "Oh? oooo Gundham actually likes me!" He giggled.

"More than you could actually know-" Gundham murmured under his breath, admiring him lovingly.

Word Count: 951