Your Whole Life's a Lie

Olive's POV

When I wake up again it's Izzy holding me tight. She's asleep, but we're back in Angie and Bianca's dressing room on their couch.

Izzy's like my mommy. I like her.

And Bianca's like my other sister. I like her too.

And Beth is like my cool auntie. I like her a lot too.

They aren't my family, it's a big lie.

But I'm not who they think I am. I'm scared and I want my mommy and daddy. I'm not the sweet little girl. 

Angie told me they are getting moved to a graveyard. I want my mommy.

Eventually Angie and Bianca come in holding a box of donuts. "Hey Olive. You had me really worried." She said gently, setting the donuts down on the dressing room table.

Bianca said nothing but set her things down.

"I think we're going to introduce you to the cast today. And your parents are settled into their graves now. We passed them on the way here." Bianca said finally.

"I'll take you there tomorrow. I promise." Angie said, handing me some water.

"Where is it?" I asked carefully. "Where are they?"

Angie seemed to think nothing of it. "About two blocks away from here." She let me pick a donut. "We'll be right back. Keep an eye on Izzy." She winks at me.

I quickly grab my backpack and make a run for it. Two blocks away is a graveyard. I run around looking for freshly dug graves. And there they are. My mom and dad. 

Imprinted on my mom's gravestone is "We love you baby girl. Always have always will."

And on my dad's is "It'll be okay pumpkin."

I sunk to my knees and cried. "Mommy! Daddy!"

I was there for a little bit, but then Bianca came running my direction.

"Oh Liv honey."

"Don't call me Liv! That's my Dad's nickname for me!"

"It's okay Olive. But Izzy and Angie are worried sick. Come here honey." Bianca wrapped her arms around me and just let me cry.

"I want my momma." I said finally.

"Your mom? She's right there honey. And she's always going to be with you." Bianca hugged me tighter.

"No, that's my mom. I want Izzy. My momma." I curled up against her.

"Then that's doable honey. Come on, let's go home."

I don't have a home.

She took me to the theatre. Izzy was crying like a maniac when she saw me. "Oh baby girl you're okay." She cried when I hugged her.

"I'm sorry Momma. I'm sorry."

"It's okay baby."

My whole life was still a lie, but I had my momma to make it better.