When People Dance in Unison and No One Wonders Why

Olive's POV

Once I was dressed, Janelle made my hair look like Princess Anna in Frozen 2. 

"I keep forgetting you're only eleven." She said as she set it with hairspray. "You're a very strong little girl, but it's okay to like princesses." Janelle hugged me. "You may not like me very much yet, but you and your sister both mean a lot to me. Have you seen your room yet?" 

I shook my head. "No."

"Well, Angie will call us down when the guests are here. And word of advice, I love them, but they are a little crazy. Come on, let's go see your room." She took my hand and led me into the first bedroom on the left. 

It was huge. It was a pretty soft lemon yellow with white lemon outlines. White trim, and there was a white metal bed frame holding my lemon print bedspread on my bed with yellow and white pillows. One was shaped like a lemon. And there was a white desk with a white chair and the white chair had a yellow cushion. There were also books lined on the shelf above the desk, and the shelf was white. The floor was hardwood, but there was a fluffy white rug. And a plant in the corner. It was a green that match the leaves of the lemons on my bedspread. Oh, and there was a clear and yellow egg chair on the balcony I had.

Janelle looked at me. "Angie went a bit nuts. She's always wanted someone to spoil. This used to be her room. Oh, and there's a mirror in the closet and some clothes. Like I said, she went nuts." She squeezed my shoulders. 

"Janelle Peterson you'd better get down here otherwise you aren't eating!" Angie called. "The guests are here!"

"Sorry honey! I'll be right down!" She turned to me. "Let's go Olive. The stampede has arrived."

She wasn't kidding. Angie took my around introducing everyone to me.

"Olive, this is Ryder Hansen and her girlfriend Brooklyn. And their friend Oliver who they dragged here. Ryder, Brooklyn, and Oliver, this is my little sister Olive. I just met her last week."

And then there was what Angie called "the Falsettos kids."

"Hi Angie!" A very young girl clutching the hand of an older girl waved at her.

"Hey Josie! Olive this is Lily and her little sister Josie. They were both adopted by actors from a show called Falsettos. No relation." 

"Hi." I waved shyly.

"Comet!" Angie left me to greet a young woman and a young man wearing a rainbow scarf. "And Casper! Comet I haven't seen you in so long! And you brought cookies! All is forgiven for disappearing." 

Janelle took the cookies to the kitchen while Angie introduced me. "This is Comet and her best friend Casper." And then there was Emily Sawyer-Brightman, who frankly was a little different. 

"It's showtime!" She laughed, handing something to Angie.

"You didn't!"

"I did!" Emily was laughing.

"What is it?" I asked.

"The handbook for the recently deceased." Angie laughed.

Okay then.

"Reed!" Angie gave Emily back the book and sprinted over to the door where a girl was helping another girl, who was on crutches get through the door. "Your wheelchair!"

"Oh yeah, I only need it sometimes. And other times I can walk without the crutches." The girl on crutches said. (Because I lost track of what's happening to Reed chaoticgeekery)