I Think I'll Pass

Olive's POV 

I hate hospitals. 

Okay maybe not the best way to start after blacking out but it's true. All of my worst memories from the past like six or seven months or whatever have taken place in a hospital.

Turns out I'm not the only one.

I woke up in the hospital with Izzy and Caitlin next to me. Angie and Janelle arrived soon after. Angie then proceeded to explain how hating hospitals was somehow in the family.

"I was shot in the arm and almost died," she started, "and then I got hit by a car and almost died."

I looked at Janelle for confirmation who just nodded sadly.

"Uh okay then. How's Tessa?"

"Um, Livvy honey, remember that it'll be okay." Izzy started.

"What's happening?"

"Tessa is in a coma. But they're saying there's a very good chance she'll wake up."

I wanted to cry. I settled for turning as white as the hospital bed's sheets, and staring at the wall in shock, trying to keep myself from having a full on breakdown.

"Olive, honey you should eat something." Janelle said.

"I'm not hungry."

"Remember what the doctor said Livvy." Caitlin reminded me.

Izzy sits beside me. "Hey, hey it'll be okay."

"Don't you leave the show next week? What are we going to do?"

"That's for me to worry about. I will never abandon you."

Izzy was right. It was a little rocky at first, but with help from the Actor's Fund and Broadway Cares, we managed. She booked a few roles that helped pay the bills.

Angie is amazing as Alyssa. Bianca left the show, and soon booked the ensemble of Jagger Little Pill. 

Caitlin left the show, and was replaced by someone, I don't remember their name.

The cast change took roughly three months after Izzy left to be completely different from the original cast. 

I also turned twelve. 

Did I mention I hate hospitals? About two months after I turned twelve we went to the hospital for a check in, and there's a new creepy junior doctor on staff.

Did I mention he's creepy?

My normal doctor was running late, so apparently the junior doctor was training under her.

"You're cured! You're doing so well, that the diagnosis has disappeared!"

That doesn't sound like medical speak.

He keeps looking at me creepily.

"I'll just go ahead and discharge you."

Izzy and I looked at each other. She shrugged. I shrugged back.

We went home.

I collapsed onto the new couch that Izzy and I picked out after the other one caught fire. (It's a long story, that involves a candle and popcorn. I'll explain later.)

"I can't believe it's over." I say tentatively. 

"I guess we won't need this binder anymore." Izzy says, picking up the binder if tossed aside once we were inside. "I'll throw it away."

"Wait no!" I cried. "I want to keep it!"

"Really? You sure?" Izzy asked.

"I guess so. I just want to keep it in case I'll need it later I guess." I took it from her.