Chapter One

^ That's how I picture them after the time skip

Enjoy xx

~~

"Oh honey, I'm gonna miss you so much darling." Anne says to Harry as they stand in the driveway. 

Harry was off to Uni today, already packed up his car. He wanted to get there earlier so he wasn't surrounded by so many people that are going today. 

He can't lie, his nerves are over the roof right now, he just wants to get there and settle down in his dorm, and just spend most of his time there. 

"I know Mum, I'm going to miss you a lot." Harry says, the sadness seeping it's way into his voice as he pulls Anne in for a hug. 

"You're going to call me when you get there, or just any time you need me, okay?" Anne pulls back, keeping her nineteen year old son at an arms length. 

Harry nods, biting his bottom lip to keep his tears at bay. He won't have his mum with him all the time. He can't just go and curl up with her if he's sad, or scared. He's unsure on how things are going to work out. 

"You're going to do so good darling." Anne says reassuringly, she knows Harry, and she knows how anxious he gets when he tries new things, especially since she won't be there with him.

But at least someone he knows is going with him. 

"I'm scared Mum." Harry whispers, leaning down to tuck his face on his mum's shoulder, not wanting to leave from the safeness of her hold. 

"I know Harry, but you have Niall with you, he's going to help you get through anything okay?" Anne says, rubbing her son's back as he takes deep breaths. 

"I wish I wasn't so weak, I wish I could pull myself together Mum, it's frustrating." Harry whines. He's had anxiety for a while, around the age of twelve. 

It's when he started to feel so alone, he didn't know how to deal with it, and everything just started to get him nervous.

"I know how hard you try baby, and that's what's important. You're going to be such a good addition, everyone will love you." Anne says, swiping a stray tear away from Harry's eye. 

"Make me proud baby, I love you." Anne whispers, giving her son small kisses all over his face making Harry giggle, and a bright smile covers her face from the sound. 

"I love you Mum, I'll call you soon." Harry says, hugging his mother one more time before he walks around the car, getting into the passenger seat. 

He gets in the car, and gets himself situated, focusing on a spot on the dashboard to distract himself from the immense sadness he gets as he leaves. He doesn't want to cry again. 

"All good?" Niall asks from the driver's seat. Harry looks over to him with a grim face, and gives him a small nod. 

"It's okay H, I'm here with you." Niall says softly as he starts to pull out of the driveway. 

Harry's eyes snap to his mother who stands on the front steps, a sad, watery smile on her face as the car starts down the road. 

He sees her lift a hand to wave, and can barely make out tears on her face. The car is almost too far to see her, but Harry doesn't dare take his gaze away. 

When the silhouette is fully disappeared, he faces forward and cries. 

Niall's heart breaks a little seeing his friend in such distress. He has a pout on his face as he reaches over and takes Harry's hand in his, trying to give his best friend some type of comfort.