Chapter Nineteen

tw: panic attack

Enjoy <3

xx

The couple wakes up around six a.m. to Louis' phone ringing on the bedside table. They are still at the hotel, already having paid to stay the night, and were too tired to drive home anyway. 

They are curled into each other as the rings are loud and the buzzing is consistent. Harry is the first to sit up, blinking his eyes through the darkness, only a little bit of light flooding in from behind the curtains. His head turns to the lit up phone on the nightstand, so he reaches over Louis' small body, and grabs the phone.

Looking down at the name it reads, Harry's eyes widen a little and Louis sits up, rubbing his tired eyes. "Who is it?" He asks, resting his head against Harry's naked shoulder, the tips of his curls brushing against his cheek. 

Harry shows him the phone and he closes his eyes, letting out a breath before taking the phone and answering the call, putting it on speaker.

"Louis!" Jay calls out immediately once she notices he has answered her call. Louis doesn't respond, only keeping his eyes closed as he puts the phone on the bed. "Louis? Where are you?" She asks, not liking the silence coming from the other end.

Louis knew she would be worried, he never told her he wasn't coming for Christmas. Before he left for Uni, the pair decided he would come home Christmas Eve night. When Louis didn't show up, Jay cleaned up the dinner she had made and went to bed, assuming Louis would be there in the morning.

When she went to his childhood bedroom to wake him up, he wasn't there, and she became worried. 

"Louis? Are you almost hom-"

"I'm not coming home for Christmas, Mum." Louis cuts her off, biting his bottom lip in anxiousness. Even though right now he is beyond angry with his mother, she is still his mum and he feels bad for missing the holiday. 

It's quiet for a moment before Jay laughs softly, "Louis? You're just being silly. Are you almost here?" She asks again, as if he never said anything.

He narrows his eyes at the phone. "No. I am not coming home." He says, finality in the tone of his voice, and Jay doesn't know what to say. 

"What? Why darling? Did I do something? Are you alright? Who are you with?" She asks, seeming like she actually cares. When will she get it that what she did was wrong? Louis whines in his head. 

"Mother! Please be quiet and let me explain myself!" Louis says loudly, almost shouts. He takes a deep breath, not wanting to explode from the stress she's been unknowingly building upon his shoulders, he needs to let it go but he can't, not at his Mum.

"Louis, please don't-"

Louis groans and presses the red end call button, wishing he could throw his phone across the room. 

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't hang up Lou, you just need to tell her calmly then I promise you won't have to talk with her for the rest of the day." Harry said softly, and Louis lets his head fall on Harry's exposed back once again, groaning, but recalling his mother back.

"Louis, I-"

"I'm not coming home for Christmas. I went home with a very close friend of mine, and his mother took me in with hospitality. We are staying at his place for the break, then I will be going back to Uni. I had a long conversation with the mother of my friend, and some things were revealed to me. When I feel comfortable enough, or less angry, I would like to have a conversation with you in person, alongside my friend. Merry Christmas Mum, but please don't call me today."