007 | quantum physics?

THEY WALKED INTO HANKStelevision room where he explained the system that recorded everything about Paris

television room where he explained the system that recorded everything about Paris.

"Look what I found," he said, playing a tape.

"Tomorrow, in front of the white house, the president will make his announcement. He'll be joined by secretary of defense and has even sought the help of renowned scientist Bolivar Trask, his special advisor to combat mutant issue," the man on the TV said.

"Raven doesn't realise that if she kills Trask at an event like that with the whole world watching-" Charles said, not knowing what else to say.

"Then I came a long way for nothing," Logan said.

"And there's more bad news - I saw in a report that they found traces of her blood in Paris," Hank explained.

"Its all they need to create those thing in the future," Kit said.

They all sit in silence for a second.

"Theres this theory in Quantum physics that time us immutable," Kit said and everyone turned to her. "Its like a river - you can throw a pebble into it and create a ripple but the current always corrects itself,"

"No matter what you do, the river just keeps flowing in the same direction," Hank said, nodding his head.

"What are you trying to say?" Logan asked and Hank sighed.

"What if the war is inevitable? What if she's meant to kill Trask?" Hank stated and Charles shook his head.

"Just because someone stumbles and loses their way doesn't mean their lost forever," Charles said, primarily to himself.

"No, I dont believe that theory, no I cannot belive that is who she is. Ready the plane, we're going to Washington" Charles explained.

They walked out of the mansion, everyone talking about what they were going to do.

"So whats my part of this plan?" Kit asked and the three men looked at her.

"About that," Hank said and Kit looked at him confused. "You're not joining us,"

She scoffed, looking at her brother confused.

"Why aren't I coming?" She asked annoyed, her arms folded across her chest.

Hank and Charles looked at each other, wondering which one should explain.

"You're powers are still evolving and we can't risk it." Hank said

"We've already made a call with Miss Maximoff, she had promised to look after you for the day," Charles explained and Kit groaned.

☆☆☆

She sat on the private jet, pretty annoyed that she was being sent to the Maximoffs house instead of being allowed to fight.

Kit sat in the front of the plane with Hank, moping as she heard Logan talking about all the X-Men from his future.

They stopped in the airport and Kit sighed as she walked off, seeing Peter waiting in the rental car.

"I was going to give it back - but then my mum got the ca-" he explained and Kit rolled her eyes, opening the car door.

"Bye, have fun saving the world and shit!" She called out bitterly as she sat in the passenger seat.

Kit had already said goodbye to her brother and the others so she really couldn't be bothered to deal with their sympathetic looks.

"Why you not goin' Kit?" He questioned as he sat in the front seat, ready to drive off.

"Because apparently, my powers are out of control," she explained and he nodded his head, knowing not to push her further.

When they arrived at his house, his mum greeted her instantly with a hug. Kit smiled at her as they went downstairs.

She sat in front of the TV, watching Trask start to speak. Lorna rushed over, sitting down next to Kit who was cross-legged on the floor.

Peter looked at them, handing Kit a Dr Pepper, "I remembered," he said and she smiled sheepishly before Peter sat down next to her.

She tried to ignore the feeling off his knee against hers as she looked to the side, seeing him watching the TV intently.

All of a sudden, Magneto came on screen and started a speech. Lorna looked scared, sitting in Peters lap as he held onto her.

"Do you have any idea whats going on?" Peter asked, whispering in her ear.

She shook her head, "This was not part of the plan," she explained, narrowing her eyes at the TV Screen.

Then, the president walked out and stood in front of Magneto. Lorna gasped, clutching onto her little brother.

Miss Maximoff and Peters younger sister Wanda walked down aswell, standing in the doorframe as they watched the speech.

The president suddenly turned into Raven and Kit smiled, knowing that Raven had finally done the right thing.

She shot Magneto before looking at the screen, walking away and leaving Erik.

"That was-" Peter started and Kit nodded her head, "-intense," she said.

The two looked at each other, a slight smile on their faces. She didn't know why her heart fluttered but it did and she couldn't help it.

923 words