009 | sing us a song you're the piano man

THREE YEARS LATER, SHE STOOD IN the kitchen of the Xavier house with Peter, the two talking

Kit had just asked him to move out after his mum walked in on them having some alone time last week. She still hadn't gotten over him and had held it over his head - leading to this argument.

"No, I am not moving out, I am not doing that," he said, glaring at Kit who was standing on the opposite side of the room.

"Well I think we should move in together, I am not having your mum walk in on us - again," Kit said angrily as she folded her arms across her chest.

"Baby," he said, walking towards herald putting his hands on her shoulders, running them up and down her arms, "I love you and we can do this, just not yet,"

"Okay, we'll give it some time," she said, placing a hand on his cheek and pulling him in for a kiss.

He smiled into the kiss as she reached her hands up, threading it through his silver hair and pulling him back towards her.

Peter reached down, placing his hands on the back of her thighs and lifting her up, sitting her down on the counter top as he stood between her legs.

She moaned into the kiss, leaning her head back as he kissed down her neck, her hands roaming his body.

They heard someone clear their throat and she looked over his shoulder, her face going red as she saw Hank standing in the doorway next to Charles.

Peter moved up, pulling Kits shirt down as he turned to look at her brother and Charles.

"Catherine," Hank said in a scolding manner and she knew she was in trouble, "Not in front of the kids, they could walk in any time,"

"We didn't mean to Hank," she said and he sighed, watching as Kit walked out of the room, Peter following after her.

"Kit, Kit!" Peter called out, children running through the hallway and stopping outside of her door as he saw it closed.

"Kit, baby?" He asked as he leaned his forehead against the door.

"You know she won't come out," Charles said as he wheeled over, looking at Peter.

"Huh?" Peter looked at him confused, wondering when he actually got there.

"Why is it that you don't want to me in with her?" Charles asked and Peter sighed, leaning against the wall next to her door, looking down at Charles.

"I'm scared to mess it all up, for both of us. We've got a solid relationship and I'm scared," Peter admitted, his heart pounding in his chest.

"You are?" A feminine voice asked and he turned around to see Kit had opened the door, having heard everything he had said.

"Well I'll leave you two alone," Charles said with a smile. He had always wanted something like what Kit had with Peter but, it never would have worked out with Moira and he knew it.

"Peter?" She questioned and he walked inside, closing the door behind him as he sat down on a piano stool.

He sighed, "I love you. So, so much. But I can't mess this up and moving in together - I'm just not ready yet," he explained.

He finally looked up at Kit, half expecting her to want to break up with him, but she didn't.

"Okay," she said and he narrowed his eyes at her, wondering if he had misunderstood her.

"Okay?" He repeated for clarity.

"Okay. We wait, but just so you know Peter Maximoff-" she sat down next to him, "-you are spending the rest of your life with me so it doesn't matter when we move in together,"

She kissed his cheek, watching as his face heated up, a blush rising up his neck.

Kit turned round on the stool to face the piano, hovering her fingers over some of the keys before playing their song.

Time in a Bottle.

She remembered it playing on their first day and he could listen to her play it forever.

As he leant his head on her shoulder, he marvelled the fact that they had this moment of peace inbetween everything.

"You know I love you," Peter said, watching as she continued to play the song. He was mesmerised by her, his whole heart belonging to her.

"I love you too Pete," she said and he sat up, pulling her into a kiss. A kiss so dizzying she forgot what she was playing, her fingers hovering on the keys.

And she knew that no matter what happened, she'd have him by her side. Even if he never moved out of his mums house and she had to live in his basement, she wouldn't trade it for anything.

1044 words