019 | just some family time

THE COUPLE SAT IN THEIR ROOM,just talking about what was going on in the school and about their lives until a giant shockwave was sent through

just talking about what was going on in the school and about their lives until a giant shockwave was sent through.

Kits hands lit up in a protective manner as she felt a rush of energy through her, eyes scanning the room.

They looked at each other, Peter zooming out of the room to rush to Alex who was sat in her child's bed in fear.

He picked her up, walking back into the room and looking at Kit who rushed to see her little girl.

"You okay sweetheart?" She asked her, Peter placing the little girl on the bed before she instantly snuggled into her mums sides.

"I think she was just a bit spooked by that...earthquake?" Peter questioned, not knowing what had happened.

"It didn't feel like one, it was like some kind of energy pulse," she said, still feeling the energy in the air.

She looked out of the window. Nothing looked like it had gone wrong there and both Peter and Kit were very confused.

"You should talk to Hank," Peter stated, holding onto Alex.

Kit nodded her head, he would know what was going on. She looked down at her daughter, not wanting to leave her for even a second.

"Hey sweetie, mummy's gonna go and ask Uncle Hank what happened, I'll see you soon," she said to Alex, placing a kiss on the little girls forehead.

She turned to Peter who pulled her in for a quick kiss, a kiss that made her promise to be safe, before she walked off.

"Is everything gonna be okay dada?" Alex asked as she wrapped her little arms around her dad as far as they could go.

Peter sighed, looking down at his daughter, "I hope so baby," he said before looking at the door.

Kit rushed downstairs, opening the door to find Charles hovering over a sleeping Jean, Hank and Raven standing in the doorway.

The four walked downstairs - well, Charles wheeled himself - and entered Cerebro.

"Her mutation has grown too powerful, for the first time, I can't penetrate her mind," Charles explained as they approached the machine.

"So thats what we're doing down here?" Kit questioned and Charles nodded his head.

"Yes, although I'm sorry to disrupt your one night alone," he said to her and she blushed, looking down at the floor, "Anyway, Hank built Cerebro to amplify my power and I think that's the into way I'm going to get inside her head now,"

He pulled the head device on, a picture of Jean appearing as he focused in on her, entering her mind.

"Is it supposed to look like this?" Raven asked as she stared at the disheveled memories that surrounded them.

"The mind of a psychic is a fragile thing, it takes only the slightest tap to tip it in the wrong direction," he explained, "I had to make adjustments to her mind when she was young,"

"What kind of adjustments?" Raven questioned, a bitter undertone to her words as she looked down at Charles.

"Scaffolding, walls, rather, to keep out all the trauma," Charles continued to explain.

"What did you do to her Charles?" Kit asked as she realised the things he must have done, the manipulation of Jeans mind.

"I saved her," he said, trying to convince everyone - even himself - that he had done the right thing. "I think whatever happened in space did something to her, in the process, those walls that I erected are being torn down,"

"What is that?" Hank asked as he looked at a memory of Jeans parents dieing in a car crash.

"That is what I was trying to save her from," Charles said, panicking as he heard the voice of Jeans father.

Raven tried to ask him what it was but he just ignored it, off in his own world.

"Shes waking up," he said and he tried to communicate with her, telling her to calm down but she didn't and shut him out of her mind.

Charles collapsed, his nose bleeding. Hank wheeled him off, Kit and Raven following as they helped him onto the table.

"I'm fine," Charles promised.

"Hes not fine," Hank said as he rummaged through some things. Kit fiddled with her wedding ring, panic starting to set in

"What did you see?" Raven asked and Charles looked upset, more upset than she'd seen him in a while.

"Shes all desire. All rage, all pain. And it's all coming out at once. Something happening to her, she's changing," he said.

Kit looked up as she heard footsteps approaching, Scott walking in, "Jeans gone, she left," he explained.

"I can't track her anymore, she's grown too powerful, even for me," he said, looking over at Scott from the chair.

"She said she was going to see her father, that doesn't make any sense right?" He said, not knowing what Charles apparently knew.

"Prepare the jet, we're going to bring her home," Charles said, sitting up.

"We? Charles, you're in no condition," Raven said.

Charles sighed, "I have to stop this. Shes going to find nothing good there," he said, distress written on his face.

"I'll go grab Peter, wake Jubilee up and ask if she can babysit," Kit said, placing a hand on Hanks shoulder before she walked off.

1087 words