016 | this is true love

WHEN THEY GOT BACK TO THE HOUSE they saw it was still destroyed

Kit left Peters side - something she hadn't done since he got his cast which she signed her name in big letters - and ran to Jubilee, hugging the girl.

"I missed you so much, what happened?" She asked and Kit smiled.

"Long story," she said, catching up with Jubilee before walking over to Erik and Jean.

Using their powers, the three reconstructed the house.

"Mystique told me he is your father, are you gonna tell him? Storm asked and Peter sighed.

"I might, one day," he said, smiling at his dad. "I think for now, I'm going to stick around for a while, marry my girl,"

"Me too, without marrying anyone," Storm said with a smile.

Once it was all done, Kit walked up to Peter, kissing his cheek before the two started walking towards the house.

"So, when can I move in?" He asked and she turned to him confused, the two stopping.

"Huh?" She asked, in disbelief that he had finally decided to move into the mansion.

"Yeah, I thought it would be nice for us, for our family," he said and she smiled, pulling him into a kiss, her hand resting on her cheek.

"Come on, we'll get your bags tonight, let me show you our room first," she said and he chuckled, the two walking over with Peter in crutches.

☆☆☆

Three months later, after vigorous training from Raven to turn them into the X-Men, it was time for the wedding.

Kit stood at the door it of the house in her wedding gown, looking at her brother about to walk her down the aisle.

"You ready?" He asked and she sighed, nodding her head as they turned the corner.

The wedding was outside in the Xavier garden where she spent so much time.

Peter smiled at her as she walked in, tears welling up in his eyes as he looked at his future wife.

Kit smiled back at him, looking at Raven, Storm and Jean as her bridesmaid's, Scott and Kurt as groomsmen. Charles smiled at her, he was officiating the wedding.

She walked down the aisle, the students smiling at their teacher as they sat in the seats, Jubilee in the front with a smile.

Hank walked her towards Peter who tried to discreetly wipe a tear from his eye.

"You be good to her okay," Hank said and Peter smiled at him before looking back at Kit, taking in the ballgown dress that was worn by her mother at her wedding before her death.

"Always," he said, smiling at Kit as he took her hands, Hank sitting down next to Jubilee.

"Do you, Peter Eric Maximoff take Catherine Vanessa McCoy to be your lawfully wedded wife to love and to hold till death do you part?" Charles asked and Peter smiled.

"I do," he said. And he really meant it, he had never been this happy in his entire life.

Peter looked over at his mum and two sisters that were sitting down in the front seat, his mum drying her eyes whereas the 15 year old Lorna and 26 year old Wanda didn't seem to emotional.

"Do you, Catherine Vanessa McCoy take Peter Eric Maximoff to be your lawfully wedded husband, to love and to cherish, till death do you part?" He asked.

"I do," Kit said, looking over at all these people that made her life better.

She smiled at Peter, the two of them ready to start their lives together.

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride," Charles said and Peter placed a hand on her face, pulling her into a kiss.

As soon as their lips touched, the crowd cheered, Peter dipping her slightly.

When they pulled away, they smiled at each other, foreheads resting against one another.

"God I love you," he whispered, unable to say much else.

"I love you too," she whispered.

Later that day, they all stood st the reception, Peters hand still wrapped around her waist and a huge smile plastered on his face.

"You think we should message your dad, tell him more. Maybe alert him he has a daughter-in-law," she joked and he smiled, kissing her temple.

"We'll send him a postcard from our honeymoon," he said, kissing her again.

His mum ran up to them, wrapping Kit in a hug as Lorna and Wanda stood by her side.

"Welcome to the family Kit, we've always seen you as one anyway. Now when do I get some grand babies?" She asked and Kit chuckled, looking at Peter.

He couldn't keep his eyes off of her, his beautiful wife.

1088 words