017 | we need to tell you something

A 32 YEAR OLD KIT PACED BACK AND  forth, it had been six years and after a while of trying, she was pregnant

A 32 YEAR OLD KIT PACED BACK AND  forth, it had been six years and after a while of trying, she was pregnant. Now she just had to tell Peter.

He walked into the room, looking at her confused as she paced back and forth in front of their bed.

"Kit, you okay?" He asked and she turned to him.

"I'm pregnant," she blurted out and Peter stood there shocked for a second.

Kit was about to worry when he rushed over, pulling her into a hug, lifting her up slightly before pressing a kiss to her lips.

She smiled as she saw tears well up in his eyes. He reached down, placing a hand over her stomach as their foreheads connected.

"How far along are you?" Peter asked, smiling at her. He was completely overwhelmed and over the moon about becoming a father.

"8 weeks, I found out the other day, threw up randomly so I thought I'd get checked and there it was - I'm pregnant," she said and Peter chuckled.

"You're gonna be a daddy," she whispered, the two taking in the moment, her hand resting on top of his.

"And you're going to be a mummy," he said, pulling her in for another soft kiss.

5 weeks later, Kit was now at 13 weeks and had just gotten her first ultrasound, both her and Peter overjoyed as they decided to tell their family and friends.

They decides to tell Hank, Raven and Charles first, calling a meeting with them downstairs.

"We need to talk," Kit said as she sat down next to Peter, looking at her brother, Raven and Charles who were sitting opposite, worried looks on their faces.

"Kit's pregnant, so we were wondering if there's some kind of double room we could get so we could stay but have a room for the baby - heres an ultrasound we got today," Peter rambled nervously, sliding the picture towards Hank, Raven and Charles.

"You're having a baby?" Hank asked and Charles smiled at them.

"I can feel them you know, I dont know how I haven't noticed it before," Charles said with a smile, using his powers to see the baby, "And to answer your question, I think we can arrange something for the three of you,"

"You're having a baby?" Hank asked again. Kit and Peter looked at each other, wondering if he was unhappy about it.

But then he started to cry and Kit didn't know what to do.

"I never thought this day was gonna come, I'm sorry, I'm so proud of you two," Hank said and Kit stood up, walking back and hugging her brother.

"I'm going to have to start building that

After telling their very excited group of friends - who had already started to talk about getting ready for the baby - they drove to his mums house.

Lorna had moved out, she was living with a few friends and couldn't make it so it was just Kit and Peter talking to his mum about the pregnancy.

☆☆☆

Around 6 months later, Kit was sitting in the hospital, screaming as she went into labour with the baby.

"Its okay, I've got you. You can do this," Peter said and she squeezed his hand, tears forming in her eyes.

Raven and Hank were next to her, the latter looking pretty uncomfortable.

After the last 15 hours of labour, Kit was nearly fully dilated.

"I can see the head, I need you to push for me," the midwife said and she did.

Kit screamed, the light flickering and her eyes flashing purple as she let out one last cry.

"Kit, shes here," Peter whispered as he looked at the woman carrying his little girl away to clean her up.

Two days later, Kit and Peter walked into the mansion to see the kids crowding around the entrance.

Kit held Alex in a carrier, watching as Scott walked in front of all the kids, pushing them away.

"Hey guys, how's the little one," Scott asked and Kurt followed with Jubilee, Storm and Jean.

"Shes good, I'm not so but I'll get there," Kit said with a chuckle, Peter holding her free hand as they both looked down at their baby girl.

"What did you decide to name her?" Scott asked and Kit smiled at him.

"Alexandria Nina Maximoff, after your brother and my half-sister," Peter explained and Scott's face softened.

"You named her after Alex?" He questioned, tears in his eyes.

"Of course, he saved my life and he was my friend." She explained and Scott walked over, hugging her gently to not disturb the baby.

"Now, if all of you don't mind, I want to sleep, and get this little one in her room," Kit said and they nodded.

"Did you know we can't have sex for like six weeks!" Peter exclaimed as they walked in.

"Shut up!" Kit yelled out, their friends laughing as they grabbed their bags, bringing them to their room.

They walked into the hallway, kids looking at the baby as they walked past, this was the first baby at the mansion so it was exciting for most of them.

The bedroom next to their bedroom had been fixed up as a nursery and had an extra door that led into the normal room so they could have easy accessibility to the room.

Kit entered, placing Alex in who seemed to cosy up quickly.

"I love you Kit, you can't even imagine how proud I am of you," Peter said, wrapping an arm around her shoulder as they looked at their little girl.

"I love you too Peter," she said, kissing him before they watched Kit.

1148 words