Snow fun!

A/N This is before high school. .. so this is how I picture them. Sorry if its off.

Izaya's POV

    I was trudging through knee deep snow, it was a snow day so my little sisters wanted to go to the park to play.

Since I'm 9, I can take them by myself.

I made sure they were bundled up and warm. Scarves, hats, mittens, boots, you name it, they were wearing it.

You could say I'm protective of these 2. I say I am simply being a brother.

I myself am wearing an oversized jacket. Normal long sleeves, black jeans, and black shoes.

When we got there,  I sat at a park bench, watching the 3 year olds play in the snow. [A\N forgot the age gap, oh well] I occasionally playfully threw a snowball at them.

I laughed, relaxing on the bench.  Still keeping a keen eye on the twins.  When suddenly,  two boys walked into the park. Both had brown hair.

One looked a year or two older than me, the other a few years younger than me.

They walked over to us and I smiled. Always watching my sisters made me not very social and my only actual friend is Shinra, so I enjoy meeting new people.

"Hello, I'm Izaya,  and the little ones are Mairu and Kururi! " My smile not fading as I tried to make the new kids feel a little more comfortable.

"I'm Shizuo,  and this," he pointed to the younger boy, "is my little brother Kasuka. Nice to meet you! "

Kasuka gave a small wave. Doesn't talk much, huh?

Shizuo sat down next to me as his brother sat next to me, while his brother was playing with my sisters in the snow.

"Careful! They're only 3 years old!" I sounded like a worried parent, but they are my responsibility and for the most part, I am a worried parent.

"Don't worry, Kasuka's good with little kids," the one, I think Shizuo, said, his hand on my shoulder.

I sighed, leaning back onto the bench, "Sorry, but I'm practically thier parent. .. I worry..."

Shizuo smiled, " I get what you mean, I feel the same about Kasuka, you gotta protect the younger ones,  just instinct as family," he rubbed some snow out of my hair.

We had talked for hours,  about our favorite animes, about our favorite toys, about things most kids would find boring,  such as how much fun, yet work it is to watch children.

"Most kids want thier first job to be babysitting,  I think I'll just stick to fast food, save me the headache..," I joked.

I looked up and my eyes widened. 

"It's almost dark! Mum and Dad are going to KILL me!" I looked down to see Kasuka had my sisters on his lap sound asleep.

"We have to go!" I panicked.

"We should leave, too, Brother..." Kasuka said in a monotone voice.

Nodding, Shizuo picked up both girls and began to walk, his brother behind him.

"They must be heavy, I'll hold one of them. .." I told Shizuo,  fearing that he would hurt himself or the girls if they became too heavy for him.

"It's really not a problem, I'm strong," he smiled, continuing to walk.

I lead them to my apartment building before thanking the girls.

"Thank you!" I smiled,  waving goodbye to my new friend.

He and his brother waved, walking away.

"I hope I see you again someday! "

And with that I walked to my apartment. Luckily my parents weren't home, so I put the twins to bed, and started packi g thier lunches for daycare the next day.

I did see him again,  but he didn't remember me. But I did, and I always will....