update: its been awhile

hey guys! it's been a hot minute since i've gotten on here. some things have happened while i've been away.

     carson: as we all know, carson turned out to be a piece of garbage. i don't support him or any of his actions. any mention of him will be removed from these chapters.

     schlatt: if you haven't heard, schlatt came under heavy fire online today after posting his latest jackbox video. the video was not only filled with bottom of the barrel "edgy" humor from 2016, but the thumbnail included racist imagery until it was changed about an hour after upload.

     this is absolutely unacceptable. no, schlatt was not the one actually making the offensive jokes, but he did laugh at them (whether it was out of pity or not, he still did), keep them in the video, and make one of them the thumbnail.

     this video is starting to show a decline in schlatt's content. the videos used to be funny, entertaining, and filled with original bits and jabs that were quoted for a long time after the original release of the video. all his recent videos have felt like heartless cash grabs. it's saddening and disappointing.

     i don't stand for absolute any of what schlatt did in or after the video was posted. it's so disheartening to see someone who has so much potential as a comedic genius waste their time and platform on such awful and offensive "humor," if it can even be called that.

     that being said, i will not be deleting this book. i worked extremely hard on this and it was a great narrative writing exercise for me that allowed me to stretch creative muscles that were close to atrophy. although this book will not be deleted, do not expect any more chapters. i have some drafts i might finish one day if everything is resolved and schlatt shows growth from this, but it's not guaranteed.

     i wouldn't consider myself an ex-fan of schlatt just yet as i have a hard time adjusting to quick changes and grasping what is actually happening. instead, i am merely a disappointed viewer teetering on the fence that hopes for change and improvement.

UPDATE

     i just want to clarify that i wholeheartedly believe that everyone in the video should be held accountable, not just schlatt. i believe swagger and minx have talked about (swagger said it was funny, i'm honestly not surprised. minx actually apologized and said she would work to be better, but it wouldn't happen overnight), but nobody else has to my knowledge. schlatt's silence during this time speaks volumes. i can only hope it's because he's spending his time crafting an apology and working to be better.

     that is all i have for you today. please, stay safe, stay healthy, and stay happy. don't let random, uneducated, immature people on the internet whom you have never met dictate your mood. you are worth more than that.

                                  much love, ruralhey <3

wc: 498