dog days

this was requested by -lovelysupernova and i thought this was such a cute idea!! sorry i took such a long time to get around to it, i just wanted to make sure it was actually okay since it was a reader request! hope you enjoy <3

you were rudely awoken by your boyfriend, schlatt, vigorously shaking you. "y/nnnnnnnn," he drew out loudly as you jolted awake.

"what the fuck was that for?" you asked angrily as you rubbed the sleep from your eyes. when you finished, you were met with a toothy-grinned schlatt standing right over you.

"i-uh... i wanna adopt a dog." schlatt rubbed the back of his neck as he waited for your reaction.

it took you a second to process what he had just said. "wai- really? what caused the sudden change in mindset?" you questioned, referring to the multiple times you had begged to adopt a dog and schlatt always said no.

"i always said no cause it's a super big commitment, but uh- i think we're ready to take a step like that, ya know? plus it'd be like we had our own little family-type group, and i kinda think that's adorable," schlatt said, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. you couldn't help but smile as he talked about having your own little "family."

"i'm glad you finally came around, hon. i can't think of anyone else i'd want to adopt a dog with," you replied as you raised up and gave schlatt a big hug. he kissed your forehead before smirking at you.

"how about we go to the shelter sometime today and just scout things out?" he asked as he picked you up bridal style and began to walk to the living room with you.

"sounds great," you said with a smirk as schlatt kissed your forehead. "what do you want for breakfast? i feel like i haven't cooked for us in absolutely forever." schlatt set you down on the couch and sat beside of you.

"actually, i just got finished cooking for us before i came and got you up. should still be warm," schlatt replied as he held out his hand. you warmly smiled and placed your hand in his and let schlatt lead you to the kitchen where a large spread of different breakfast foods.

"jesus christ, j! you went all out!" your face littered with amazement.

schlatt chuckled. "i wanted to do something special for my girl. you always take care of all this while i'm busy recording or being a dipshit with my friends and i feel bad," he admitted while hugging you tightly. you just smiled and kissed him softly.

"i don't mind, hon. it's not like i have anything else to do right now," you smiled as you looked back to the food sitting in front of you. "how about we eat? i'm starving."

schlatt chuckled. "you couldn't have said it sooner."

after a few hours of cuddling with schlatt on the couch, you started getting ready for your little outing. you were obviously excited so you didn't take very long to get ready. when you walked out of the bathroom, you were met with an excited-looking schlatt.

"you ready to go?" he asked as he twirled his key ring around his index finger.

"hell yes!" you said as you took his keys and ran to the front door. "last one to the car has to do laundry tomorrow!" you called out and quickly ran outside and unlocked the car, getting in the passenger's side.

not even two seconds later, an annoyed schlatt waltzed up to the car and got in on the driver's side. "you know how much i hate laundry," he sulked.

"why do you think i said that?" you chuckled before looking at schlatt who genuinely looked hurt. "i love you lots," you said, smiling as you kissed his cheek, which instantly made him feel better. "let's go look at some pets!" you cheered. schlatt chuckled as he started the car and drove off.