winners & losers

sorry for slow updates! i've been busy with classes and writing the first few chapters for a schlatt fic i've been working on for a little bit now. please let me know if you have any requests and i'll try my best to get to them in a timely manner! much love <3

   the clock hung on the living room wall read 3:32 P.M. as you tiredly yawned. you had gotten up pretty early that day due to the many errands you had put off running until today. you were almost completely exhausted.

   you were sat on the couch watching a rerun of an old 90s sitcom and even though the position you were in was comfortable, you couldn't help but think about how much more comfortable you'd be taking a nap in the extremely comfortable bed you shared with your boyfriend, schlatt.

   as the minutes passed, you debated whether or not to take a short nap. you had planned on making dinner a little bit more special for you and schlatt, so it couldn't be very long, but you could still squeeze in a good power nap. eventually, you decided to seize the opportunity. you had the apartment to yourself as schlatt was out in the city with his brother, so why not get the best use out of the alone time? as you got up to being walking to the bedroom, you pulled out your phone and set an alarm for about two hours from the current time.

   your quiet footsteps filled the silent hallway as you shuffled to your bedroom ready to fall over from tiredness. you lifted up the cozy comforter and before you slipped under it, the closet called your name. you quickly walked over to it and slid the door opening, your eyes immediately going to schlatt's many hoodies and sweatshirts he had hanging up. you scouted through almost all of them until stumbling upon his heron preston sweatshirt that he had proudly shown off in the last youtube video he had posted.

   you smiled as you thought of the brunette and slipped the sweatshirt on, his scent immediately filling your senses. as you waddled back over to the bed that was awaiting you, a smile creeped onto your face. something had seemed off the whole day until that very moment, where everything seemed to actually be alright.

   as soon as you pulled the comforter over you, a sense of bliss washed over you, almost knocking you out immediately. the pillows seemed to be in the perfect position already and the blanket laid over you as if it was a blessing from the gods. within minutes, you were asleep.

   a little less than two hours later, schlatt entered through the front door with a big smile on his face, ready to tell you stories of the adventures he had today. "y/n, i'm home!" he called out as he slipped his shoes off and sat them on the mat by the front door and hung his keys on the rack hanging on the wall.

   "y/nnnnnn?" he drug out as he shuffled through the living room and kitchen looking for you. after a little while of looking for you, schlatt had the bright idea to look in your bedroom.

   "did you not hear me when i got ho-" he began as he walked towards the bedroom door but stopped himself when he saw your sleeping figure wrapped up in the blankets on the bed. he smiled to himself as he walked over to your side of the bed, pushed some of the stray hairs laying wildly in front of your face behind your ear, and kissed your forehead softly, making sure not to wake you up.

   after schlatt raised up, he had another bright idea. he knew you were going to make dinner a little special that night, but he also knew how exhausted you had to be, so he decided that he'd be the one to make the special dinner as a little treat for you. the brunette smirked to himself as he turned around and walked to the kitchen, the cogs inside his head whirring at a quick pace as he thought of what to cook.

   after a little while of thought, the man decided on making some simple pasta along with a homemade sauce that the two of you loved tremendously. schlatt wasn't the best at cooking, but he had watched and helped you do it enough to know what he was doing.

   while cooking, schlatt almost injured himself multiple times. he almost burned his hand with the water the pasta was boiling in a few times, almost cut his finger open while dicing tomatoes, and burned his tongue while tasting the sauce. he tried his best to keep his yelps down to a quiet volume, but there were a few times he just couldn't help it.

   once dinner was officially finished cooking, schlatt turned the stove off and made his way to the bedroom to wake you up so you could eat. when he walked through the open doorframe, he saw that you were in the exact same position you were in when he left to cook about an hour earlier. the boy laughed quietly as he walked up to your side of the bed once again and began to gently shake you awake.

   "y/nnnnn," he whispered. "time to wake up, sleepyhead."

   it took a minute for you to wake up, but after a bit of shaking from schlatt, you finally began to stir awake. you gave schlatt a goofy smile and rubbed your eyes trying to get the sleep out of them. schlatt looked at you with loving eyes as you slowly became more aware of tour surroundings. "what time is it?" you quietly asked, your voice raspy.

   schlatt pulled his phone out of his back pocket and looked at it for a moment. "it's 6:47," he said as he looked back up at you.

   your eyes immediately widened as you sat up. "holy shit did my alarm not go off?" you frantically asked.

   schlatt looked at you confusedly and shrugged his shoulders. "i didn't hear anything, so i guess not."

   you put a hand to your forehead and sighed, closing your eyes. "i was gonna make dinner super special tonight and i didn't even wake up in time." you looked back up at schlatt with sad eyes. "i'm so sorry, hon," you said and looked down, disappointed with yourself.

   schlatt bent down to be closer to your height while sitting down and put a hand on your cheek and lifted your head so you were looking him in the eyes. he had a sly smile on his face as he asked you, "guess what, hon?"

   "what?" you asked, genuinely curious as you noticed the sly grin on his face.

   "i wanted to let you sleep 'cause i knew how exhausted you were, so i made the special dinner tonight," he replied, his smile growing more and more as he spoke. your face lit up as you stood up, bringing him with you. after the two of you were stood up, you reached onto your tip-toes and kissed him quickly.

   "i love you, j," you said, hugging him and pressing your head up against his chest. the brunette wrapped his arms around your waist and hugged you as well.

   "i love you too, y/n," he said with a smile as you both let go of the hug. a smirk made its way onto your face as you looked up at your mountain of a boyfriend once again, this time confusing him.

   "last one to the kitchen has to do laundry for the next week!" you exclaimed before darting out of the bedroom and making your way to the kitchen.

   schlatt barely had any time to process what you had said before you ran off. he sighed and followed you soon after. "YOU CHEATED Y/N! YOU GOTTA GIVE ME A CHANCE TO PROCESS WHAT YOU SAID!" he yelled as he quickly made his way to the kitchen.

   "that's what losers say!" you replied as schlatt stopped quickly when he met you in the kitchen. he smiled at you and slowly walked up to you, bringing you into another hug.

   "well, this loser sure is lucky to be in love with the most perfect winner in the world," he said with a smile before kissing your forehead.

wc: 1414